Eichel
Reinhart
Dahlin

Bad
Sobotka
Ullmark: Must make a big save. Out of position too much tonight

Ugly
Housley: Why the 4th line in key situations
4th line: They don't hit, don't score, and didn't play D tonight. If this is their effort, give us 3 goons

Reactions: sabresnyper

sjci

Feb 13, 2007
Buffalo
We need to swap out the entire 3rd and 4th lines for new people. Scrubs cost us again in OT there like the did at the end of the 2nd... f***

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
G
We showed up, and were the better for quite a bit of that game
A lot of guys

B
That one stings a lot. The player who ended it. No time left.

It was a heavy weight fight. They landed the last punch this time. I'm not scared though, because god dammit, we're coming.

Reactions: brian_griffin

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
I thought Ullmark played good, we lost not because of skill but because of talent at depth and Housley's choice of players.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Good:
outshooting a very good possession team
Eichel 2 goals

Bad:
Still letting guys walk into our zone uncontested
Overtime lineups (#17....)

Ugly:

Losing to the laffs in our building. Lots of obnoxious behavior. Miserable in person

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
G:
Tough stretch of games, and we're showing some of the best teams in the league we can go toe-to-toe with them
Eichel getting 2
Risto
Pilut
Dahlin
Ullmark

B:
Losing to the Leafs
Rodrigues

U:
The f*** are Sobotka and Rodrigues doing out there in OT when we have 15 other guys on the bench

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
I know this is a 4 game losing streak, but you can take a lot of positives out of this one.

Eichel, Reinhart, Rasmus 1, Rasmus 2. All performing great. Just couldn't overcome Auston Matthews and some unlucky bounces.

Now we have a break. Now we have easier teams to face. NOW, we can turn it around.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
U: the posters trashing Eichel in the game day thread.
He made you look like idiots.

I'm glad you brought this up. In the 1st, and most of the 2nd, he was trash.

He scored two clutch goals when we needed them. He battled hard and made many good plays. He also makes a ton of dumb plays lacking effort. My expectations for him are simply higher than most.

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
G: Sabres weren't slouches at all. Eichel and Risto wanted this one bad. Ullmark, Dahlin, Pilut were solid.

B: Too many lazy/dumb plays. By just about everyone at one point or another.

U: Matthews with 2.7 seconds left in OT. If asked for the most predictable conclusion to this game, I bet almost every Sabres fan would agree that's it. f***, we'd probably even guess the number of seconds right. Only in Buffalo...

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Good
Our defensemen did a lot of good stuff, especially considering the injuries.

We had some sequences when our passing really got into a nice rhythm.

Bad
It’s not Sobotkas fault that he gets so much ice time. I don’t get why you wouldn’t send Mittelstadt, Pilut or even Girgensons out there instead.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Still can’t get over how stupid that play Sam made leading to the Leafs goal scoring rush.

OT is all about possessing the puck. No one should ever give the puck away when you have possession. It was mind boggling stupid for Sam to throw a soft area pass towards the net hoping Erod could some how get to it. Then Sam changes and Sobotka has to immediately defend a rush.

Totally unforced stupid play by Sam.

MayDay

Oct 21, 2005
Pleasantville, NY
I missed most of the game - I was out at my work group’s holiday dinner. I got home just in time for overtime

I turn on the game and what do I see? A SEA of blue Leafs jerseys FILLING the lower bowl.

A couple minutes later what do I see? The lower bowl ERUPT in jubilation to celebrate Matthews GWG.

Disgusting. Disgraceful. Shameful.

Sabres STHs should be ASHAMED of themselves, allowing a hated rival like the Leafs to take over our building again and again and again.

I know I know, “recouping their costs,” “their tickets to do with as they please”, yadda yadda yadda.

Please, I beg you, STOP selling your tickets to friggin Leafs fans!

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
The Good:

Ristolainen had one of his best games, full stop.
Pilut seems to bring out the best in Risto.
Reinhart continues to score.
Jack with a pair, even if he was clearly laboring.

The Bad:

That powerplay. Still. Straighten that shit out will ya?
Bounces. Sometimes it's better to be lucky and the Leafs had some puck luck tonight.
They need someone else to score who isn't on the top line. Sheary still looks dented, like he couldn't shoot. Berglund has had any number of glorious chances and hasn't converted. Gus got a pair of chances and didn't convert. And where is Mittelstadt? Certainly seems to not have Phil's confidence.

The Ugly:

Erod's line got kicked in the teeth all night. I wouldn't mind never seeing those guys together ever again.
Sobotka must have pictures of Phil, right? Seriously, that last minute offensive zone faceoff and then multiple OT shifts?
Nelson got hurt.
Terrible officiating (this space for rent)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad