Confirmed with Link: Sabres vs Bruins on Saturday 3/20 is postponed due to Covid

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
Just because they skate like they are 70 -80 yrs old doesn't mean that they are a most urgent need for the vaccine. LOL

I think entertainers should be able to get it. It’s a relatively small group that keeps our minds occupied while we’re stuck quarantined. (I consider people in pro sports to be in the entertainment biz).

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
Biden is giving away vaccines to Mexico and Canada though.

My grandma has terminal cancer and didn't qualify for it until 2 days after I got mine. My wife is a mental health councilor working from home on the phone and got both shots before I got my first. None of this makes sense man.

**edit sorry if my response violates any rules about politics etc wasn't my intention just venting...dont ban me**
It doesn't help if just one country is fully vaccinated. the virus could mutate.
that's why its in everyone's interest to get as much of the world population vaccinated as soon as possible.
We have already 2 or 3 more aggressive mutations.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
It doesn't help if just one country is fully vaccinated. the virus could mutate.
that's why its in everyone's interest to get as much of the world population vaccinated as soon as possible.
We have already 2 or 3 more aggressive mutations.
A variant or two have been found to be more easily communicable. None have been found to be more virulent - severe and dangerous. Virus mutations are commonly found to be weaker. Including the first couple of COVID variants. And at last check, I read that the vaccines are working to block their effects.

Reactions: brian_griffin

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
A variant or two have been found to be more easily communicable. None have been found to be more virulent - severe and dangerous. Virus mutations are commonly found to be weaker. Including the first couple of COVID variants. And at last check, I read that the vaccines are working to block their effects.
for example the South African variant is not weaker it just spreads faster.
UK variant also spreads faster and some data shows it could be more lethal.
here's the newest study on the UK variant:
Risk of mortality in patients infected with SARS-CoV-2 variant of concern 202012/1: matched cohort study

Last edited:

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
The state of New York has not handled distribution all that well.

38. NEW YORK
Doses distributed to state: 9,246,035
Doses administered: 6,853,499
Percentage of distributed vaccines that have been administered: 74.12

States ranked by percentage of COVID-19 vaccines administered: March 19
it can be much worse, you can see how well yr gov works when they actually have to do something urgent and necessary.
we got just 12% first and 4% total, I hope I can make it this year ;)

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011

The B.1.1.7 strain (the UK variant) is not only more easily transmissible, but researchers in the UK have found that variant is much more likely to cause severe cases than others.

It's categorically untrue the viral mutations are automatically 'weaker'. A viral mutation happens randomly through a copying error. This is normal and happens all the time. The more copies that occur (from having more people infected), the more mutations will occur. The mutations that favor transmissibility are the ones that tend to win out over time, and those versions may or may not also carry traits that increase OR decrease the severity of illness.

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011
Reactions: joshjull

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
The B.1.1.7 strain (the UK variant) is not only more easily transmissible, but researchers in the UK have found that variant is much more likely to cause severe cases than others.

It's categorically untrue the viral mutations are automatically 'weaker'. A viral mutation happens randomly through a copying error. This is normal and happens all the time. The more copies that occur (from having more people infected), the more mutations will occur. The mutations that favor transmissibility are the ones that tend to win out over time, and those versions may or may not also carry traits that increase OR decrease the severity of illness.

First, the word "common"ly does not equate to "automatically". So I never said that. I've read plenty of synopsis's that assert that the mutations are usually - not always, but most of the time - prove to be weaker.

But COVID has almost super mystical powers attributed to it so for safety's sake, lets always assume the worst. Even after you are vaccinated, keep those masks on - because all the biology text books on immunology principles don't apply to COVID! In fact, nothing of record seems to...

Viral fear mongering has become an institution these days. It's amazing how the Brits exploring this issue have credibility with the fear COVID crown while the Israeli's, Swedes and Swiss do not.

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
How do these guys not have the vaccine yet? I understand the optics of not skipping the line, but I feel like it’s been long enough for that not to be a huge issue anymore. Just buy a small supply that wasn’t designated for the general public.
The Yotes should have it soon, AZ is allowing anyone 16 and older to get the shot starting Wed.

Reactions: Old Navy Goat

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
My wife & son (both asthmatics) signed up for 1st shot (Moderna?) this coming Friday. She signed me up too. 40 min drive north to a more rural county to get it. My 78yo neighbor is doing his doses there (he grew up there, familiar to him).

Our factory had 250 doses of the 1-shot Pfizer on 3/9 administered by our county public health dept team (12-person team total) and they were able to use all those up on the essential workers and some quasi-essential "stand-bys" among our colleagues. We were out of town that week, but I would have deferred to my wife and forewent mine. Next factory round of another 250 may be the 29th, so if I hear word in advance and can sign up, I'll cancel mine and just do the 1-shot. My wife & son are going to drive for theirs regardless, because we're locked in the calendar for both 1st and 2nd shots.

Pollen allergies have started here (late due to cold weather), so I'm into my ~8 weeks of feeling a little crappy anyway.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
The Yotes should have it soon, AZ is allowing anyone 16 and older to get the shot starting Wed.
My in-laws (nearly 70yo) in Chandler got their 2nd shot Friday. Sister in law is a teacher and got her 2nd shot already due to AZ moving teachers to earlier tier in queue. Brother in law (asthmatic) helped direct traffic for an ASU stadium clinic, so that got him moved into an earlier queue as a quid-pro-quo for volunteering. His wife is a PA, so she got the shots as front-line. Don't know about their kids though (both over 16, so assume they are now "in play").

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
They want people wearing masks in the home, had a barangay inspector this morning ask wby I was in my backyard with no mask on. Besides the obvious, hopping into the pool had to tell the moron I live alone so no one to infect
Thats just the other spectrum of dumb ;)

Reactions: Old Navy Goat

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad