Sabres unveil 50th anniversary logos & 3rd jerseys

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
I care more about the original striping on the waist and socks.

I'd also like the primary or a secondary logo on the shoulders as well.

90s-buf-lw-dave-andreychuk.jpg

perreault1.jpg

JThorne

Stop accepting failure
Jul 21, 2006
Downtown Buffalo
Do we already know for sure that the 3rd jersey isn’t royal blue? (I’m legitimately asking)

Third jerseys have to have main color scheme colors. According to the bylaws of the league. Unless given proper notice. Though, I'm not sure how the Kings got away with the purple throwbacks.

LongWayDown37

Mar 8, 2006
Do we already know for sure that the 3rd jersey isn’t royal blue? (I’m legitimately asking)
I think a statistician who can incorporate this new logo, past track record, franchise incompetence and PR tone deafness as variables in the equation would conclude this with a reasonable level of scientific certainty.

Montag DP

Sabres fan in...
Apr 4, 2007
...Maryland
I care more about the original striping on the waist and socks.

I'd also like the primary or a secondary logo on the shoulders as well.

90s-buf-lw-dave-andreychuk.jpg

perreault1.jpg
Honestly, the dark jersey doesn't do much for me. I like the royal blue, but I think there is too much of it. That white one is gorgeous, though. Brings back memories of when I first started paying attention to the Sabres. (I didn't really get into them until the AGH years, but I have memories before that.)

Reactions: SonofHerb

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
Third jerseys have to have main color scheme colors. According to the bylaws of the league. Unless given proper notice. Though, I'm not sure how the Kings got away with the purple throwbacks.
I didn’t know that, thanks.

So the Sabres could have asked permission then, right? We don’t know yet do we?

Iirc plenty of teams have 3rd jersey color schemes that don’t match their main jerseys.

It’s definitely seems possible to me that the Sabres gave enough notice or whatever. Especially since they already wore the royal blue for the outdoor game.

My Cozen Dylan

Feb 21, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
Our 40th anniversary 3rd jersey was royal though, and royal was not in the color scheme then. Unless a rule changed?

Smehlik MyFinger

Sep 16, 2017

This is false. There are no rules or bylaws in place by the NHL that a team must wear a color in their already existing scheme for a 3rd jersey. Most teams choose to use a color in their existing scheme as a compliment to their H&A and to maintain brand consistency. If the Sabres or any other team wants to do a jersey in a color not in their current scheme that would be 100% fine. The Canucks could do a Flying V black jersey, the Hurricanes could do the Whalers as their full-time 3rd, The Sabres could be a purple jersey - there's no rules.

Reactions: TheStorm

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
05-06 was the best Sabre team period.

The lovefest for the original jerseys is so boring.

The 96-06 jerseys were the best.

And BTW 96-97 (division title), 97-98 (ECF), 98-99 (cup final), 00-01 (the deepest Hasek led Sabre squad his entire tenure here that should have won the cup that year), and 05-06 (most complete and funnest Sabre team EVER) is what is associated with the black and red. One freakin bankrupt season and the Rigas going away for 02-03 does not "claim" association with that jersey scheme over the teams I listed above.

Love ya paisian..... but your first point was the only one ya got right!! :laugh:

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Take a look at this page and then decided which uniform colors, logos, and design are the best.

Buffalo Sabres Logos - National Hockey League (NHL) - Chris Creamer's Sports Logos Page - SportsLogos.Net

It's helpful to see them all on the same page.

My choice: the original Royal/Gold/White with the correct striping and necklines.. Hands down! 1st runner up 2006/07 alternates.

I also like the 25th yr anniversary logo much better than the 50th.

I had a lot more hope, optimism and time back then too.......

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
The Sabre is an inanimate object. It makes me think of rich people taking fencing lessons. It's hard to relate to. It doesn't provoke any emotion. Change the name of the team or pay the licensing fees and go all in on Inigo Montoya. We could still be the Sabres if we used the Inigo logo. It's time to consider retiring Sabretooth. He's getting a bit long in the tooth. :snide: Inigo Montoya should be the mascot. It would help diversify the fan base.

my-name-is-inigo-montoya-quote_394748.jpg
inigo-montoya-faniseto.jpg

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
05-06 was the best Sabre team period.

The lovefest for the original jerseys is so boring.

The 96-06 jerseys were the best.

And BTW 96-97 (division title), 97-98 (ECF), 98-99 (cup final), 00-01 (the deepest Hasek led Sabre squad his entire tenure here that should have won the cup that year), and 05-06 (most complete and funnest Sabre team EVER) is what is associated with the black and red. One freakin bankrupt season and the Rigas going away for 02-03 does not "claim" association with that jersey scheme over the teams I listed above.

No. Ya the teams were cool, but that was a bad design- you can't be the Sabres without any f***ing sabres in the logo. Doesn't work. Props to the Sabres pr department for making the snorting goat actually look good by following it with the complete trash that was the Trump toupee that followed, but hey, maybe listen to the fans when they continuously clamor for the original logo in the original colors.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Take a look at this page and then decided which uniform colors, logos, and design are the best.

Buffalo Sabres Logos - National Hockey League (NHL) - Chris Creamer's Sports Logos Page - SportsLogos.Net

It's helpful to see them all on the same page.

My choice: the original Royal/Gold/White with the correct striping and necklines.. Hands down! 1st runner up 2006/07 alternates.

I also like the 25th yr anniversary logo much better than the 50th.

I had a lot more hope, optimism and time back then too.......

Give me the 10-11 Alternative jersey including neck laces and colors but with the Original Logo.

darcyRegier

Mar 27, 2017
Even though I think the royal blues would look a whole lot better, the navy/gold combo still is good. If they tweaked the navy to make it "pop" a little bit more, I think the sweaters would look really good.

Reference the Sabres instagram post with Jack, Sam and VO that was put up in the Skinner thread. They look real sharp like that.

Reactions: BananaSquad

BananaSquad

Jun 13, 2013
Niagara
Even though I think the royal blues would look a whole lot better, the navy/gold combo still is good. If they tweaked the navy to make it "pop" a little bit more, I think the sweaters would look really good.

Reference the Sabres instagram post with Jack, Sam and VO that was put up in the Skinner thread. They look real sharp like that.
I love the current set honestly.

Reactions: darcyRegier

boots electric

Mar 12, 2008
chatter on twitter that the sabres' 50th anniversary get up will be white jersey, white pants, white gloves, with gold as a secondary color. no mention of blue at all, let alone royal blue

this isn't coming from people with checkmarks, but yeah...we'll see soon enough

BananaSquad

Jun 13, 2013
Niagara
chatter on twitter that the sabres' 50th anniversary get up will be white jersey, white pants, white gloves, with gold as a secondary color. no mention of blue at all, let alone royal blue

Sounds pretty sick honestly

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015

chad dedominicis doesn’t seem the type that would just make it up. But we will see soon enough.

BuffaloGooner

Sep 8, 2011
Sloan, NY
An all white uniform sounds pretty sweet. And I also don’t doubt that royal blues will make their way back. Just a matter of when.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad