Sabres trade predictions

Sabretip

Jan 13, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
G Michael Neuvirth + 2015 4th RND pick to VAN for G Jacob Markstrom

I hope this happens....I am not comfortable with what Sabres have in the system for goalies. Markstrom would fit in well as the kind of 2nd year pro that is young enough to fit into the rebuild with a chance to be the starter for a young team next year (and he meets the size preferences Murray has). I can't see Benning walking away from Miller's deal for next 2 years and Lack seems to have the upper hand as the backup. With Markstrom an RFA this summer, he might not want to re-sign in Vancouver anyway.

I wouldn't mind offering Stewart a 3 year deal in the offseason, though.

I hope this doesn't happen.....Stewart got on a hot streak but will never come close to being worth the $4M he got paid, much less the raise he'll want this summer. Similar to what we saw with Stafford, Stewart is an underachiever more often than not.

As for predictions:
Stewart to Pittsburgh for B+ prospect
Mitchell to LA for draft pick
Meszaros to Calgary for draft pick

MayDayMayDay

But what is grief, if not love persevering?
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
Just finished watching the STL-VAN game. I'm all but banking on one of Neuvy/Stewie to Vancouver tomorrow morning. That team needs goaltending for the stretch and physicality something awful.

SabreBlood

Mar 31, 2012
I'm starting to wonder if that mystery phone call Murray received was from Dallas regarding Neuvirth.....

Mystery GM on the phone: "I can't believe I'm calling you about this player.."
Tim Murray: "I can't either.. But let's talk."

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
Markstrom has never shown the capability of being an NHL starter, whereas Neuvirth is playing so well on the worst team in the league that we all want him out of the mix so the tank doesn't get screwed up. Why in the world are we the ones adding a pick to the deal?

I'd much rather keep and extend Neuvirth if we can do so cost effectively. He can be an excellent 1B option for us in the future.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad