Sabres trade predictions

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
All this thread is for is to predict what TM does and the return he gets. You could guess the team the player is dealt to.

For right I just want this to be everyone's guesses. Discuss after the deadline passes

My predictions

Stewart for a 2nd + Dman prospect+ conditional 2nd if he signs. If he prospect is better then the pick is lower.

Mitchell for a playoff teams 3rd

Meszaros for a 6th

I have no idea what or who but a prospect swap. Could be 1 for 1 or 2 for 2 with picks thrown in. No the prospect isn't grigs, McCabe, or Pysyk but someone someone who hasn't played in Rochester yet.

I think there won't be a trade for ROR or trading away Ennis or Hodgson till the draft.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Stewart for Baertschi and a 6th (Cal)
Mezsaros for Anaheim 5th (Ana)
Benoit for Zack Phillips (Min)
Neuvirth and Sundher for Seidenberg, O'Gara, 2015 3rd (turns to a Second if they make the Second round or he plays 4 playoff games)
Mitchell + for Nastasiuk (Det)*

*I think may be a bit on the Fasching level, Where Tim gets a prospect he covets.

Orvald

Feb 24, 2015
Belgium
Meszaros for a 5th wishfull thinking he'll be stuck with us.
stewart for a 2nd
or stewart and our 2nd for a 1st
Neuvirth for a 4th
mitchell for a prospect or a 4th.

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
If these are the returns for Neuvirth I'm all for just keeping and signing him.

Would love to get Baertschi back as the return for one of our outgoing FA's...he's too skilled to be struggling as hard as he is in Calgary.

krt88

Jun 19, 2002
Fayetteville, NC
cybionscape.com
do whatever you have to so we can get the tank back on track. I am truly nervous today as Arizona loser of 8 straight games have closed the gap. The Sabres are simply playing too well.

We saw this in 2013, the Sabres were third worst in the league at the trade deadline and then won 8 of their last 12 to finish with the 8th pick. Cost them a shot at Barkov, Seth Jones, Jouthan Drouin. So frustrating.

Don't screw this up, trade whomever you have to get us back to losing

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
Don't screw this up, trade whomever you have to get us back to losing

Thing is...we traded guys and got better. The players that would be going out the door are basically addition by subtraction.

I completely agree that we need to stop winning games immediately, but short of going all Nancy Kerrigan on half the locker room I'm not sure how to accomplish that.

gallagt01

Jun 10, 2006
Sloan
Stewart for a 2015 3rd and 2016 4th.

Mitchell for a 2015 5th.

Neuvirth retained.

This is what I'm expecting, though I think Murray might be able to get a playoff team to part with a little more than a fifth for Mitchell.

I also can't shake the feeling that he's going to move a guy like Mike Weber. Don't ask why.

Murray mentioned on WGR yesterday that he took a call on a player he didn't think anyone would call for. Anyone care to wager who?

Crazy Tasty

Oct 5, 2005
Joisey
This is what I'm expecting, though I think Murray might be able to get a playoff team to part with a little more than a fifth for Mitchell.

I also can't shake the feeling that he's going to move a guy like Mike Weber. Don't ask why.

Murray mentioned on WGR yesterday that he took a call on a player he didn't think anyone would call for. Anyone care to wager who?

Cody Hodgson

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005

Rob Ray.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I understood that quote to mean he got a call on a player from someone he wasn't expecting to hear from on that player. Something to the effect of, "I bet you're surprised I'm calling about him." That's why I guessed Blues/Stewart in the Roster Speculation thread. I'm not positive about their cap situation (RIP Capgeek), but perhaps they're more willing to bring back a devil they do know--and who actually put up pretty good ES numbers for them while he was there--and reunite him with Stastny with the hope that they can find that old chemistry they had in Colorado. They've got an opening with the Patrick Kane injury, and their other playoff bugaboo (LA) is in a dogfight just to make the playoffs. Perhaps they're thinking about beefing up their roster and really going for it this season.

Plus, Strickland is very much a Blues insider--far more than for any other team--so his tweet about Stewart this morning has me thinking that St. Louis has an offer in on Stewart and they're waiting on Murray to see what direction he goes.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Stewart for Burmistrov is my prediction.

If that was the case, why didn't they just do that in the earlier trade? Or why didn't the Jets trade Burmi for Tlusty? In any event, one of Winnipeg's beat writers always goes on the air during the 1st intermission. Last night, he said Chevy is still looking for a bottom-6 forward, but he doesn't want anymore rentals (already has Stafford and Tlusty) so he'd be looking for someone with term.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Yeah, I'm just thinking that Murray may show some respect to Stewart and deals him so he doesn't have to get on the plane to Florida....that is if they haven't already left?

My thoughts, as well. Also might allow him to pack up his stuff at his residence. I'm sure it's just easier to be traded when you're still at home.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Yeah, I'm just thinking that Murray may show some respect to Stewart and deals him so he doesn't have to get on the plane to Florida....that is if they haven't already left?

They hit the FNC ice at 11:30 this morning for practice. It'll be interesting to see who might be missing from practice.

My Cozen Dylan

Feb 21, 2014
Jacksonville, FL

Patrick Kaleta, pending UFA

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Guys, I just wanted this to be guesses and not specualtion on who gets moved and go off on trade talk. Just want to get everyones guesses only

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad