Confirmed with Link: Sabres to Play Outdoor Game vs Leafs in Hamilton

Bones Malone

Game Player
Oct 22, 2010
Buffalo
I will tell you for a fact that there were a far higher percentage of Isles and NJD fans at those games than there will be Sabres fans at The Donut Box. And comparing that to this is apples to oranges.
Not really the Pegulas fault that Sabres fans won't buy tix to this game or will resell them to toronto fans if they do and this absolutely compares to the Isles who were still playing in Nassau at the time to this.

This game could be at Highmark and it would still be full of Leafs fans

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
NYR is only allowed to play their home games at MSG per their contract which is why we were the "home" team for that outdoor game.
I am well aware of this fact. That "home" game could've been played in say Hamilton but instead was played a 20 minute drive from MSG.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Not really the Pegulas fault that Sabres fans won't buy tix to this game or will resell them to toronto fans if they do and this absolutely compares to the Isles who were still playing in Nassau at the time to this.

This game could be at Highmark and it would still be full of Leafs fans
Actually it IS the Pegulas fault that Sabres fans won't buy tickets to this game or resell them but that's another story.

Reactions: Ehran

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
It hit 20°C in Hamilton on March 10/11 this year
And it was probably 20°F in Buffalo on the same day...

I've seen snow in the southern part of WNY (~2000 foot elevation) the first week of May or later about every other year, or every third year, going back over 35 years.

I've lived in North Carolina for years, and the highest actual temperature I've ever experienced in North America, outside of Las Vegas and Phoenix was >/=40C in Toronto on several occasions spread over decades. Hotter dry bulb temp than anything I've experienced in the USA southeast (although just last month there was heat index of 118F several times factoring humidity, for temps in the mid-90F).

Reactions: barriers

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
How many tickets can they sell for this game?

Regular seating is ~24,000 with talk being that seating could be expanded as high as ~40,000 for a Grey Cup (aka Canadian Super Bowl) mostly due to temporary bleachers in the endzones but not sure if 40k is actually possible for football. Usually some seats are covered due to sight line issues however with the first rows being elevated they may not need to leave many, if any, seats unsold. They may be able to sell them as obstructed/partial view.

Reactions: Jacob582

sabresfan3383

Dec 3, 2004
Tonawanda, NY
IIRC, when the league buys the game from the home team, the team selling gets their sellout attendance, at the highest ticket cost too. So getting 19,070 times whatever it costs for the highest STH in the 200 level is kind of a no brainer for the franchise at the moment.

That's not factoring whatever revenue they'll get from the game, in terms of concession split with the Leafs, the inevitable crush of specialty merch, etc.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
I actually really like them.

I don’t. It means cream gloves, pants, and socks.

271eabeeb44a471e142d030080ce9cf6

ab563b6e25de6da853002bc891ef91fe

Try something using this (obviously different colours).

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
To be honest, it will be cool to be involved in any event considering out stature and where we are. Has Buffalo ever been involved in the Heritage Classic series. I could google, but I suppose just easier to be brought knowledge here. In addition, if we can swipe any win from Matthews, I'm good.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
To be honest, it will be cool to be involved in any event considering out stature and where we are. Has Buffalo ever been involved in the Heritage Classic series. I could google, but I suppose just easier to be brought knowledge here. In addition, if we can swipe any win from Matthews, I'm good.
It's been all Canadian teams to this point, and this is TOR & BUF's first appearance for each.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

They look better in the official pictures. But, I do wish they had done a little more with the jersey. I really like that shoulder patch and I would probably have liked the jersey better if that were the crest as opposed to the regular crest.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad