Confirmed with Link: Sabres sign Taylor Hall. 1 year, $8M

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY
And then we have these predictions.....LOL

WORST case scenario, we just bought a 1st round pick or a 1st-plus at the deadline.

BEST case scenario, Hall fall in loves with Buffalo and signs the Jack deal to stay.

MOST LIKELY scenario? Hall and Eichel go bonkers, Sabres make the playoffs barely, are 1-and-done and Hall takes the best offer next offseason.

KiwiGriff

It’s a Bloody Business Bates!
Dec 29, 2019
Porirua
When is the trade deadline? What do you think we can get for him?
upload_2021-2-18_14-22-55.png

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Probably something like Bostons late 1st + a meh prospect since they had some interest in signing him, they're going to continue to go for it til they can't. Their prospect pool is already weak, doubt they'll think a late 1st in this years draft will change that. Should have enough capspace for the most part to absorb his deadline hit without moving out salary.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Probably something like Bostons late 1st + a meh prospect since they had some interest in signing him, they're going to continue to go for it til they can't. Their prospect pool is already weak, doubt they'll think a late 1st in this years draft will change that. Should have enough capspace for the most part to absorb his deadline hit without moving out salary.
offer Debrusk

Zach716

Pucks in deep
Nov 24, 2018
Still 2 months to the trade deadline. I'm sure he'll eventually get some better puck luck and develop some chemistry with someone. Hoping for a mid first + B/C prospect. Don't think that's too unreasonable if he gets going and we retain 50% and take some salary back.

Would love to add a goalie that has improved their stock since draft to get more longshots into the pipeline.

davej0122

Jan 24, 2008
San Diego
I haver zero interest in signing him. We already have 1 albatross winger in Okposo, and Skinner is trending VERY poorly. Cant put money into another backside of prime winger who will severely under perform a contract.

Member 308457

There's a reason Hall has become an NHL nomad. It's the uneven play in my view.

Ness

New Age Retro Hippie
Dec 5, 2008
Denver
According to theScore app Lebrun saying there’s “mutual interest” between Hall and the Sabres for an extension... like, why? Lol

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011
Extension? Seriously!?!

No interest whatsoever ... get what you can, and resist the temptation.

Agreed. Extending Hall is insane when this team is performing worse than Phil Housely's team even though it's much more talented

Hall isn't Skinner, but signing him to a long extension while the team is still looking like a lottery team is just insanity

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Devils fan here. Hope you guys can rid yourselves of Hall and get a decent return.

The devils turnaround started the moment we traded him for futures. We were 9-16-5 before we traded him last year. We're 25-16-9 since that point.

Coyotes were 18-11-4 before getting him, and 13-16-4 afterwards. They're 7-6-3 to start the year without him.

CanmoreMike

Feb 27, 2002
#YEG
Devils fan here. Hope you guys can rid yourselves of Hall and get a decent return.

The devils turnaround started the moment we traded him for futures. We were 9-16-5 before we traded him last year. We're 25-16-9 since that point.

Coyotes were 18-11-4 before getting him, and 13-16-4 afterwards. They're 7-6-3 to start the year without him.

I’m an Oilers fan and have pointed these facts out many a time to (still) disgruntled Oilers fans. Weren’t the Devils 19th overall on 2016 before the Hall trade and then they added a top-end talent and quickly plummeted to 26th? The following season his all-world scoring streak raised them to...16th best team. I’ve noticed that when he was in the lineup and out of the Devils lineup the last few seasons they always played better without him.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
I'd be fine keeping hall at a discount if that's what it ends up being. If we trade him I want roster players, not a late 1st rounder

Reactions: joshjull

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
I'd be fine keeping hall at a discount if that's what it ends up being. If we trade him I want roster players, not a late 1st rounder
But why? Okposo and Skinner contracts not enough for you?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad