Confirmed with Link: Sabres sign goalie Michael Houser

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
I wonder what kind of career Houser could have had if he'd been drafted and regarded as a serious NHL prospect?

CHL Goaltender of the Year Winner
3.png
Carter Hart (G)
1998 Sherwood Park, AB, CAN Philadelphia Flyers (2016)
6.png
Dustin Wolf (G)
2001 Gilroy, CA, USA Calgary Flames (2019)
3.png
Ian Scott (G)
1999 Calgary, AB, CAN Toronto Maple Leafs (2017)
3.png
Michael McNiven (G)
1997 Winnipeg, MB, CAN
3.png
Philippe Desrosiers (G)
1995 St-Hyacinthe, QC, CAN Dallas Stars (2013)
3.png
Jordon Cooke (G)
1993 Leduc, AB, CAN
8.png
Patrik Bartosak (G)
1993 Koprivnice, CZE Los Angeles Kings (2013)
6.png
Michael Houser (G)
1992 Youngstown, OH, USA
3.png
Darcy Kuemper (G)
1990 Saskatoon, SK, CAN Minnesota Wild (2009)
3.png
Jake Allen (G)
1990 Fredericton, NB, CAN St. Louis Blues (2008)
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

Abraham de Lacy

This is such a feel-good story .. and I need it for personal reasons. The memories are starting to stack-up with this young team. Adversity creates character they say. And yes, especially stories like this. Sure, the season is over, and what a calamity it's been .. but they rallied to win it for him, and he dug in to win it for them.

Things like that build character. This team is currently walking a righteous path.

Reactions: billsandsabres

Royisgone

Mar 7, 2012
He's been great these last 2 games.

I hope he finishes out the season for us. Why not?

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
Tim Thomas & Niklas Backstrom haven't played their first NHL game until they were 28

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
I want someone who has been above the ECHL. That being said, it cannot be worse than seeing Hutton.
Lowered expectations is good for mental health. When UPL sucks it's stressful. What are we going to do? The future of the franchise is tied to this guy? When an ECHL guy sucks, it's eh so what? If he succeeds it's like winning the lottery. I want GMKA to turn over every rock looking for these "don't expect much, you won't be disappointed" players in the offseason.

DolanPlsGoSabres

スカンデッラ
Mar 17, 2013
Nagoya
Lowered expectations is good for mental health. When UPL sucks it's stressful. What are we going to do? The future of the franchise is tied to this guy? When an ECHL guy sucks, it's eh so what? If he succeeds it's like winning the lottery. I want GMKA to turn over every rock looking for these "don't expect much, you won't be disappointed" players in the offseason.

Disagree.
Nobody expected much from Cody Eakin, and he hasn't delivered much, yet we're all disappointed.

Reactions: Rasmus Reichel

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Houser would be an easy, no risk signing. A two way deal at NHL minimum and $350,000 or so in the minors.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Tokarski played well for a couple of games and people were asking whether he is good enough to be the back up next year.

Tokarski doesn't look as good as the sample size becomes larger.

Houser plays well for a couple of games and people were asking whether he is good enough to be the back up next year.

The thing is that neither Tokarski nor Houser should be the Sabres back up next season. They should once again be depth players as the Sabres will likely need 3 to 5 goalies to play next year.

KeyserSoze81

Mar 1, 2007
Rochester, NY
Disagree.
Nobody expected much from Cody Eakin, and he hasn't delivered much, yet we're all disappointed.

We used to be disappointed that we signed Cody Eakin. We still are, but we used to too.

As for Houser, yes it would be foolish to count on him as a backup. But it would also be foolhardy to not give him a shot to see how far he can run with it. NHL goalies have materialized out of the ECHL primordial ooze before.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad