Prospect Info: Sabres sign Brandon Biro (C/LW,Penn State) - Recalled 11/29/23

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX
How's his bottom 6 game?

He's not cracking into our top 6. Maybe he could be the 7th top 6 forward eventually

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
How's his bottom 6 game?

He's not cracking into our top 6. Maybe he could be the 7th top 6 forward eventually

They don't really roll a traditional checking line, so if he can play his usual responsible speed game, he might fit into the Jost-Mittelstadt-Vic line if they need at some point.

DustyZ

Dec 2, 2022
He seems to be playing pretty well. Leading Amerks in points!!

Wouldn't mind seeing him get an opportunity.

Get me speed speed and more speed! Maybe we'll actually start taking fewer penalities??

Funny how the faster guys seem to take fewer penalties.

I can think of a spot.

Last edited:

DustyZ

Dec 2, 2022
Screenshot_20221219_104125.jpg

DustyZ

Dec 2, 2022
24 years old, right in our own organization, starting to come into his own.

This was a good signing by Adams!

Last edited:

Dex

Complementary
Sponsor
Dec 5, 2011
Under Deep Cover
Whether it be trade deadline or injuries or whatever, I'd really like to see Biro get some time in Buffalo this year. Rousek and Weissbach as well. Next season may present some opportunities - depending on trades, contract status (UFA/RFA), and/or retirements. I'd like to see if any of these guys can possibly fit in and carve out a 3rd /4th line or 13th/14th role rather than rush guys like Kulich and Rosen to the NHL.

Last edited:

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Whether it be trade deadline or injuries or whatever, I'd really like to see Biro get some time in Buffalo this year. Rousek and Weissbach as well. Next season may present some opportunities - depending on trades, contract status (UFA/RFA), and/or retirements. I'd like to see if any of these guys can possibly fit in and carve out a 3rd /4th line or 13th/14th role rather than rush guys like Kulich and Rosen to the NHL.

I would imagine they want to get a look at all of them since Weissbach and Rousek are both RFA's. Looking at the AHL salary for this year and next, it seems like they really like what Biro provides at that level but it'd be interesting to see if they have something in the speed/pursuit part of his game at the next level. He's added to his game so nicely since leaving PSU.

Reactions: Dex

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Caggiula's cheapshot has Biro out week-to-week with an upper body injury. He won't be going to the AHL ASG sadly.

Bendium

Oct 18, 2019
Good for him. It's about time they start rotating some of these Rochester guys thru the NHL lineup. See what they got, and give them some experience to help their next level of development even if they get sent back down after a few game. Sabres should have been doing it last year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad