Prospect Info: Sabres sign Brandon Biro (C/LW,Penn State) - Recalled 11/29/23

Zach716

Pucks in deep
Nov 24, 2018
I do try to catch Amerks games but usually only end up watching them partially while keeping up with my twitter notifications and highlights. Anyone have any comparisons for his type of path historically? He and Weissbach have intrigued as somewhat long shots with a real shot now at the big league eventually imo.

Reactions: Deep Blue Metallic

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Anyone have any comparisons for his type of path historically?

Buffaloed mentioned Brian Flynn a few posts ago. Good comparison here. Both are versatile players who could play all three forward positions with an offensive flair at the lower levels. Both played four years college. Kills penalties which helps getting time in the NHL. Undersized (weight).

CJ Smith is another comparison. Undersized (comparable height). Offensively gifted in three years of college. I don't remember if he killed penalties.

Biro started college as a true freshman (18 years old), whereas Flynn was 20 when he started and Smith was 20 towards the begining of his freshman year.

Reactions: joshjull

Rastin

Jul 14, 2004
I've been intentionally cool on Biro as I tend to get too excited about our UDFA's (was a big fan of CJ Smith and Ruhwedel before him) but I have to admit I've liked what I've seen of him so far.

dire wolf

immaculate vibes
May 9, 2006
Out in LA
I've been intentionally cool on Biro as I tend to get too excited about our UDFA's (was a big fan of CJ Smith and Ruhwedel before him) but I have to admit I've liked what I've seen of him so far.

Yeah - well Ruhwedel is already in his 6th season with the Penguins. He's carved out a legit NHL career. Smith not so much.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
How has he been doing in Rochester, I only watched a few games at the start of the season.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
How has he been doing in Rochester, I only watched a few games at the start of the season.

When the injuries started happening, he moved up the lineup and has been productive doing so. He went from playing the wing to center. Him, Weissbach and Peterka have been their top line of late and are continuing to produce.

He uses his speed in transition and then is usually dogged on puck pursuit.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
And in typical Sabre fashion, he hasn't played since being returned to the Amerks. Buffalo keeps breaking the merchandise.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad