GDT: Sabres @ Sharks 4 PM EST TV:MSG Radio:WGR550 - Salvage the Swing

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
See above - fell awkwardly
I think his left skate hit a soft spot and the blade dug in while his right leg kept going forward. Enough to almost form a split.

Hope it's a hyper extension in the left knee rather than a fracture or muscle tear.

Not good. Not good at all.

Makes me think back to Clifton's give away versus the Ducks the other night which was obviously a toe dig.

West Coast ice doesn't appear to meet NHL standards.

Skated in Vancouver some years ago and the ice felt really grainy. Real easy to build slush up on. Not enough humidity control I think. And this was the 8 rink complex in Burnaby - at that time the Canucks practice rink.

Missed this one, anyone got a clip of the Quinn injury?
It's embedded in a post above....

Reactions: Chainshot

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I think his left skate hit a soft spot and the blade dug in while his right leg kept going forward. Enough to almost form a split.

Hope it's a hyper extension in the left knee rather than a fracture or muscle tear.

Not good. Not good at all.

Makes me think back to Clifton's give away versus the Ducks the other night which was obviously a toe dig.

West Coast ice doesn't appear to meet NHL standards.

Skated in Vancouver some years ago and the ice felt really grainy. Real easy to build slush up on. Not enough humidity control I think. And this was the 8 rink complex in Burnaby - at that time the Canucks practice rink.

It's embedded in a post above....

I was looking at his leg going into the boards and how it flexed didn't look right.

Ehran

Sponsor
Feb 2, 2019
Texas
Came to see the Jack Quinn injury, shame. Between him and JJ, they might be our two best offensive players on the team. Quinn deserves better than what the hockey gods are giving him.
I don't think it's coincidence that Peterka came out of his slump once Quinn came back. Lots of chemistry there.

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
Like arse like he has all year.
Remember Toe Drag Tage? He's playing like that again, but with a larger array of moves and overconfidence in them working consistently.

This is where coaching comes in. Let's be honest - nobody on here knows if the staff is reviewing game video with him (start with that pass back to the Sabres net front between an opponent's legs during the opening shift of the game) or working with him individually to simplify his game and utilize his teammates better. If they are, I'm not seeing any evidence of it.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Probably just force-feed us Victor Olofsson again.

Kulich's back on the wing in Rochester. Not sure what they do - Rousek's just reeled off a 13 game point streak while Rosen is ice cold and Kulich hasn't scored a goal since coming back from the U20's.
Give me Weissbach, send a message

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
It kills me to have to point this out: this season is OVER. DONE. KAPUT. It would take just about the biggest miracle in hockey history to make the playoffs. The worst thing KA could do right now is go out and make a foolish and pointless panic move we end up seriously regretting.

Reactions: Ehran

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
It kills me to have to point this out: this season is OVER. DONE. KAPUT. It would take just about the biggest miracle in hockey history to make the playoffs. The worst thing KA could do right now is go out and make a foolish and pointless panic move we end up seriously regretting.
He can however make a roster move with the idea it benefits next year. The Greenway trade as an example.

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
Remember Toe Drag Tage? He's playing like that again, but with a larger array of moves and overconfidence in them working consistently.

This is where coaching comes in. Let's be honest - nobody on here knows if the staff is reviewing game video with him (start with that pass back to the Sabres net front between an opponent's legs during the opening shift of the game) or working with him individually to simplify his game and utilize his teammates better. If they are, I'm not seeing any evidence of it.
I seem to remember interviews from meatballs when they moved him to center. The reasoning was not because he saw the ice well and made his line mates better, but rather he was ineffective in tight space and was easily defended and locked down. Moving him to center was more of a we are stuck with him ( based on the rumors and some corroboration I heard from folks in Chicago) that he was on the block with no takers and need to find aome production. I doubt the current coaching staff is admonishing any of his play, as they still run him out on PP1. On the bright side his pk has improved, with the downside of it causing him to miss games due to injury.

We talk of coaching changes and our preference for RBA and Tocchet types. Those types of coaches would tire of the toe drag madness quickly. Which leads to this conclusion. Tage is signed long term and the only person who could coax production out of him is Meatballs. Hmmm….think there are any meaningful changes coming? Have my doubts.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
We want our Wayne Simmonds! Rabble rabble rabble!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad