Pre-Game Talk: Sabres @ Senators thurs night

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Paul played 3 games that week and then played the same night that Boucher made the comment

Oh then Boucher was lying for sure. A failed attempt to deceive the brilliant minds of HF sens.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Such a simple thing to verify - can't believe Boucher would lie about it...could be a mistake or like some said could have been a nagging injury that they didn't want to take a chance on.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Oh then Boucher was lying for sure. A failed attempt to deceive the brilliant minds of HF sens.
You're the only brilliant one

I'd say it was more mistake than lying. Paul was lumped in with guys on the I.R, he literally played the most minutes of every Belleville forward for the past 3 games during the week and then that same night

It's not as though management and coaching have done everything they possibly could to make people doubt their own words...

Reactions: L'Aveuglette

hawthy

Mar 31, 2010
Ottawa
upload_2018-11-1_16-9-22.png

Slightly over 3-hours to puck drop. Come on HFBoards, this is only a cute, little HFBoards movement!

Beer's cold in the fridge. In the past, for whatever it's worth, two of those blue dots in the 100-corners would have been grey, with hawthy and Mrs. hawthy.

We'll be back, if things change - and I don't mean on the ice.

Go Sens Go!

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
View attachment 151219

Slightly over 3-hours to puck drop. Come on HFBoards, this is only a cute, little HFBoards movement!

Beer's cold in the fridge. In the past, for whatever it's worth, two of those blue dots in the 100-corners would have been grey, with hawthy and Mrs. hawthy.

We'll be back, if things change - and I don't mean on the ice.

Go Sens Go!
I'm going to the game tonight. I'm hoping Ceci scores a goal, makes a game saving defensive play and gets into a fight.

Reactions: aragorn and hawthy

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Paul played 3 games that week and then played the same night that Boucher made the comment

It was odd for Boucher to say that. Paul played the night before Boucher made that comment so it is possible he could have had something minor in the game and they weren't sure if he was 100 percent. He did play the next game so if he had an injury it wasn't significant enough to keep him out of the lineup.

They called up Rodewald instead and scratched him to play Wolanin 11-7 so maybe they didn't want to call Paul up to scratch him again or maybe they thought he would be better suited to help belleville out until he was fully recovered.

The alternative is that Boucher isn't a fan of Paul and doesn't really want to give him a chance. Coaches can be biased and have favorites like Boucher with Pyatt. Paul only got one preseason game this year last year when he got called up he got stuck with Dumont abd Thompson. This year when he got called up he was scratched.

Paul looks like he has decent upside and can play with skilled players. He has the makings of a solid middle six forward that can play a lot of roles. He deserves a real chance here.

Reactions: aragorn

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
It was odd for Boucher to say that. Paul played the night before Boucher made that comment so it is possible he could have had something minor in the game and they weren't sure if he was 100 percent. He did play the next game so if he had an injury it wasn't significant enough to keep him out of the lineup.

They called up Rodewald instead and scratched him to play Wolanin 11-7 so maybe they didn't want to call Paul up to scratch him again or maybe they thought he would be better suited to help belleville out until he was fully recovered.

The alternative is that Boucher isn't a fan of Paul and doesn't really want to give him a chance. Coaches can be biased and have favorites like Boucher with Pyatt. Paul only got one preseason game this year last year when he got called up he got stuck with Dumont abd Thompson. This year when he got called up he was scratched.

Paul looks like he has decent upside and can play with skilled players. He has the makings of a solid middle six forward that can play a lot of roles. He deserves a real chance here.

I want paul to succeed but he hasn't shown anything like that at the NHL level and barely at the AHL level to think that

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004

I'm leaning that way too, I think it's Boucher. It wouldn't bother me if he was not re-signed.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
I want paul to succeed but he hasn't shown anything like that at the NHL level and barely at the AHL level to think that

He apparently had a strong finish to the season last year and this year he has performed well and has had an opportunity to play number 1 center with Balcers and Batherson and has performed well. This year is where he needs to take a big step forward and so far he has done a good job. In previous years in preseason intra-squad games he looked good when given a chance to play with top six players. He has size, skill, and the versatility to play both wings and center. He needs to show more intensity and consistency and bring a physical game but the tools are there he just needs to put them together.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
You're the only brilliant one

I'd say it was more mistake than lying. Paul was lumped in with guys on the I.R, he literally played the most minutes of every Belleville forward for the past 3 games during the week and then that same night

It's not as though management and coaching have done everything they possibly could to make people doubt their own words...

A mistake is possible but him also nursing an injury is as well. Ice time isn’t really an indicator of a player nursing an injury or not. Ryan Dzingel is obviously nursing an injury, likely a groin but that hasn’t stopped him from playing upwards of 17mins a game. There’s a lot that goes on behind tre scenes that we don’t know about, it’s cute some act like they know everything that is going on.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
He apparently had a strong finish to the season last year and this year he has performed well and has had an opportunity to play number 1 center with Balcers and Batherson and has performed well. This year is where he needs to take a big step forward and so far he has done a good job. In previous years in preseason intra-squad games he looked good when given a chance to play with top six players. He has size, skill, and the versatility to play both wings and center. He needs to show more intensity and consistency and bring a physical game but the tools are there he just needs to put them together.

agreed

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Will bring up Paul's high ankle sprain from last season again...its not the only reason he didnt impress last year but that is a tough way to begin your season...he is looking good and I hope he plays with some jump tonight.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Will bring up Paul's high ankle sprain from last season again...its not the only reason he didnt impress last year but that is a tough way to begin your season...he is looking good and I hope he plays with some jump tonight.
I said it before but I think he got too big. Too bulky to skate imo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad