Pre-Game Talk: Sabres @ Senators thurs night

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Put Paul in and slot him as the third line center and move White back with Duchene.

Dzingel/Duchene/White
Formenton/Tierney/Stone
Bodekar/Paul/Ryan

I think Boucher said they would try Formenton Tierney Ryan again. So likely trying to load up that top line again. I like your idea though.

I'd like to see them get some lines that can gel together. I have not particularly liked Stone with Duchene. I guess we will hear more today.

Reactions: Sens in Process

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
So we have Demelo, Ceci, Wideman, Jaros and Bergman all RDs... Go 11 -7 , play Chabot and Lajoie every second shift and rotate the right D's lol.
Wolanin should have got another look even if he struggled a little last game.

Rodewald vs Paul .. 1 up 1 down.. does Paul get to play this time?
the fact that we haven't called up carey again is astonishing and I consider it this year's Stanley Cup

Sens in Process

Oct 1, 2012
I think Boucher said they would try Formenton Tierney Ryan again. So likely trying to load up that top line again. I like your idea though.

I have liked Tierney and Formenton together, but the big line has been fairly bad, Stone in particular.

Practice lines should be out soon.

JessicaN

Sep 11, 2012
The Sens are currently 30th in CF%.
29th in FF%
10th in PDO
4th in shooting %.

This is a terrible hockey team that has ridden an unsustainable shooting % to a record that is not indicative of their play.

That is Boucher's system... Lower shot quality for the other team and increase yours.

The Shooting % will remain high, in theory.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I have liked Tierney and Formenton together, but the big line has been fairly bad, Stone in particular.

Practice lines should be out soon.
theres something there for sure and ryan loosk better with them as well. we need a guy to play with dzingel and Duchene and then have another line of Tkatchuk white stone. I think that gives us three lines that wont embarrass us everynight

forgot about boedker..

Dzingel-duchene-boedker
tkatchuk-white-stone
formenton Tierney Ryan

Last edited:

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
That 4th line should get 5-7 minutes max.

I am good with the first 3 lines.

1st line - 20 minutes
2nd line - 17 minutes
3rd line - 15 minutes
4th line - 8 minutes

But knowing Boucher, Pyatt will end up with 15 minutes of ice time, gets burried in his own end, a -2, 0 points, 0 shots. 2 shots for and 15 against. Wins hardest working senator as per TSN1200.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
That is Boucher's system... Lower shot quality for the other team and increase yours.

The Shooting % will remain high, in theory.
LOL

16-17 Sens shot 8.4 % 22nd in NHL
17-18 Sens shot 8.6 % 20th in NHL

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
Burgdoerfer snuck into Sens practice.

Boucher: 12-6, Burg taking warmup, Andy in net

Last edited:

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Paul not injured, he played last night and had an assist for Belleville.
I'm just kidding. A bunch of people kept repeating Boucher's words that he was injured over and over in one of the last game threads when that was clearly not the case. Boucher either didn't know or was lying.

My prediction of McKenna being our starter by January looks to be wrong. He might be by mid November.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I'm just kidding. A bunch of people kept repeating Boucher's words that he was injured over and over in one of the last game threads when that was clearly not the case. Boucher either didn't know or was lying.

My prediction of McKenna being our starter by January looks to be wrong. He might be by mid November.

Or maybe you don’t know. If Boucher said he was injured, he probably was dealing with some sort of injury. Injuries sometimes don’t make players miss games but it does lead to uncertainty about their availability to. If your going on a road trip and want to bring an extra body, why bring a player that might not be able to play. Like why would Boucher say Paul was injured if he wasn’t, what’s the purpose. Does every little detail need to be explained before some are statisified.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Or maybe you don’t know. If Boucher said he was injured, he probably was dealing with some sort of injury. Injuries sometimes don’t make players miss games but it does lead to uncertainty about their availability to. If your going on a road trip and want to bring an extra body, why bring a player that might not be able to play. Like why would Boucher say Paul was injured if he wasn’t, what’s the purpose. Does every little detail need to be explained before some are statisified.
Paul played 3 games that week and then played the same night that Boucher made the comment

HSF

Sep 3, 2008

Why would Boucher lie about an injury? It could have easily been something minor or precaution that they didnt want him to come to Ottawa for but was resolved quickly. IE feel better than next day

weird flex but okay

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Paul played 3 games that week and then played the same night that Boucher made the comment
could have been a day to day thing that was bothering him but he felt better the next day. It could literally be anything. atleast from his comments he seemed to think something came up during one of the weekend games

Reactions: MrCraigAnderson

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
could have been a day to day thing that was bothering him but he felt better the next day. It could literally be anything. atleast from his comments he seemed to think something came up during one of the weekend games
It doesn't really matter regardless, he's up now, just seemed kind of off to me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad