GDT: Sabres @ Red Wings 12:30 PM EDT (5:30AM NZT) TV:NHL Network, MSG Radio:WGR550 - Light a Fire

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Be nice to have a prospect to call up that can play with some passion and ignite a line. Seems we don’t have any good enough at the moment to come do that.
We have a roster entirely made up of kids and prospects coached by an in over his head amateur. The last thing we need are more prospects.

Reactions: pf8363

Asymmetric Solution

Nov 29, 2018
How about our top guys showing up. The guys with the huge extensions. Let’s start there.
They haven’t shown up all season, do you expect that to change now?

We have a roster entirely made up of kids and prospects coached by an in over his head amateur. The last thing we need are more prospects.
Olofsson, Jost and Robinson, anchoring our playoff push.

Reactions: oldgoalie

Asymmetric Solution

Nov 29, 2018
That’s the point. If they don’t show up, we don’t have a chance there’s no death guys or prospects are going to save us.
We have 3 to 5 dead spots on the team. It’s literally the only thing that could save us outside the top guys earning their paychecks.

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
Glad I decided to go see Dune Part 2 instead of watch this.

I knew we had used up all of our goals on Tuesday and would score 0 or 1 today. So predictable.

Reactions: ValJamesDuex

BuffaloGooner

Sep 8, 2011
Sloan, NY
The negativity and toxicity surrounding this team honestly sucks. It is what caused me to step around from online sources and talking about them until recently.

If you can’t handle the draught then don’t watch? It’s that simple. We survived the Bills draught we’ll survive this too.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
The negativity and toxicity surrounding this team honestly sucks. It is what caused me to step around from online sources and talking about them until recently.

If you can’t handle the draught then don’t watch? It’s that simple. We survived the Bills draught we’ll survive this too.
Looking at all the empty seats at KBC on a nightly basis I'd say people are taking that advice. And people should realize that there's one thing far worse than people being angry: people no longer caring. I remember being at the infamous 1992 game 3 in Hartford that had a crowd of 5,000. Coming out of the restroom I saw a copy of the Boston Globe on the sink and a headline I will never forget: "Whaler Fans Give Up". You know what happened 5 short years later.

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
I

The ability to poke fun at and ridicule our epic playoff drought is simply a coping mechanism. Going full Pangloss in the era of Pegula would be an equally absurd take.

Given the raw numbers over the past 13 seasons, I’d say we’re doing okay as a fan base. Still here, still caring, and for the past week irrationally hopeful.

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
Well, RIP to the Sabres “playoff push”. It was fun for the whole 2 games it lasted… lol

8jhuwj.jpg

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017

Yeah, I'm with you buddy. They got beat today, I'm disappointed/pissed, but it happens... They were never going to go on a 20-0 run to end the season.

Last year's playoff run was very similar to this too, they'd look impressive for a couple games then drop a stinker and the fanbase would melt down, thinking the season was over. Then they'd win a few in a row again and everyone was back on the band wagon. I particularly remember the 3 game losing streak to Philly, Boston, and Nashville:

1710628906933.png

For now, we'll see what they do on the west coast. a 2-1-1 trip should keep them alive enough to see what happens down the stretch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad