GDT: Sabres @ Red Wings 12:30 PM EDT (5:30AM NZT) TV:NHL Network, MSG Radio:WGR550 - Light a Fire

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Why are people incapable of learning their lesson about blaming/ running players out of town like happened with ROR, Jack and Sam when the problem is organizational incompetence? Ask yourself this question: how many other teams can you name that when we play them we have the edge in coaching?
I don't think Dahlin will flee Buffalo due to me thinking he had a bad game when it mattered the most. Trading his friends is probably more likely to make him want to leave.

Edit: Also, ROR started his downfall by dui and then the "losing his love" thing. Pissing Pegula off.
Jack didn't get the medical procedure he wanted in Buffalo.
Sam was never offered a long term deal until he finally was ready to leave.

None of that is on the fans.

Last edited:

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
It's fun to see this team play well, but over 82 games, coaching matters. Roster construction matters.
We have talent, we've shown that the last two games.

We can blow the barn doors off teams if they aren't ready to play.

But when teams are ready for a fight, we back down pretty quick.

Havok89

Oct 26, 2010
Played really well lately and can’t win them all in this league, but it’s true. The season was over before January. Too little, too late

Players we needed to carry this team to the Playoffs, (Dahlin, Thompson, Cozens) were not god enough this year

Maybe a coaching change in November / early December could have righted the ship, who knows ..

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
Played a great first could have been 2/3-0 but came out late in 2nd and momentum swung to home team. They did look super desperate and we had to expect that for a team on a losing streak like that. That's the problem with needing to win pretty much every game to have a shot at the playoffs.

newfiejesus

Sep 19, 2016
Newfoundland
You know that was tongue in cheek playing up to HF Boards Sabres superstitions right but maybe just maybe I am onto something.
I was 50/50 on the tone and decided to play it straight. You never know with this forum, who might be made a pariah for shooting the proverbial albatross. Cheers.

I'm done, but may slink back if Buffalo goes bananas and wipes the floor for the rest of this road trip.

As I mentioned previously in one GDT or another, between getting older and crooked, the perennial state of this team, and the overall presentation of televised pro sports these days, I'm barely hanging on as a fan. I'm determined to be present for the eventual breakthrough, even if it's in a different city. My uncle was a Nordiques fan, and he finally got there with Colorado in '96.

But I see no path to the postseason after today.

Reactions: Sabre the Win

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Same old same old. Too young. Still. One day maybe they will learn this.
The following is a list of every coach in the history of pro sports who won with kids:

Sir Alex Ferguson.

That's it, that's the list.

Donny is about as far away from Sir Alex as you could possibly get.

Asymmetric Solution

Nov 29, 2018
Be nice to have a prospect to call up that can play with some passion and ignite a line. Seems we don’t have any good enough at the moment to come do that.

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
5 years from now-

"Hey guys, remember that time we were 3 points out of a playoff spot? Good memories..."

• Haha
Reactions: ValJamesDuex

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad