Confirmed with Link: Sabres re-sign Victor Olofsson, 2 years/$3.05M AAV

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Hi folks,

Really like this deal for you. Always been a fan of these late Picks/Bloomers breaking through.

Nice AAV & 2 years. Your Top 6 is looking so good.

Teams playing Buffalo this coming Season planning for easy 2 Points:
f2650588478d7db68ec4ed6f72ec6e28.gif

Really hope Ullmark can evolve to be a #1

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
given kubalik's contract at 2x$3.7, and given how similar he and olofsson appear to be both on the ice and on the stat sheet, this seems like a big win, no?
kubalik scored 26 even strength goals, VO 9

VO played fewer games but that is still a big discrepancy. either way i'm happy with 3 mil. would have preferred 2.5 but we're paying more of a premium for future performance

ForsbergMoDo21

Feb 19, 2008
Rochester NY
He probably would’ve hit 30 goals this year if the season finished. I don’t care if every last one is on the power play. $3 million for a guy putting that many in the net and who isn’t bleeding goals against is a great deal.

I’m sure some would’ve liked to see long multi-year deals for some of these guys. But other than that, it’s hard to see Adams work with the RFAs as anything but a solid win.

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011
I’m sure some would’ve liked to see long multi-year deals for some of these guys. But other than that, it’s hard to see Adams work with the RFAs as anything but a solid win.

Owners don't want to do long term deals right now because of COVID induced financial uncertainty.

Players don't want to do long term deals right now because of COVID induced cap flattening. They are taking the position that after this passes they will be able to get larger contracts, and don't want to be locked in long term.

Short term deals work for everybody right now.

Sansbacon

Sep 26, 2006
Westchester, NY
He probably would’ve hit 30 goals this year if the season finished. I don’t care if every last one is on the power play. $3 million for a guy putting that many in the net and who isn’t bleeding goals against is a great deal.
Seems like 1 million per 10pts is the going rate for guys these days, so if VO’s getting paid 1 mil per 10 GOALS, I’d say that’s a huge win.

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017

Everyone looks at VO's numbers and determines that he is weak at ES, mostly because 'anyone' should be able to produce alongside Eichel. For the record I'm super guilty of this narrative too...

However, it'll be interesting to see what he can do in lower role against a slightly lower quality of competition. I suspect he'll have an easier time finding space to operate and we see his numbers at ES rise quite a bit.

Also, I'll just go ahead a restate this here: a player like VO will always post better GF% than xGF% metrics because he doesn't rely on shot quality, or the high danger area, to score goals. So even if he does improve his performance at ES, the charts may not always show it.

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011
Dear Ben,

VO is a .8 PPG player, and without the injury he is prob close to 1.

ZG is a .3 PPG player.

This team has plenty of ZGs, and needs more VOs. Shutup and pay the kid.

Sometimes the analytics crew needs to THINK and not just GRAPH. So his Corsi Against is bad. Do we REALLY care that opponents get a few more shots against when he's on the ice if he's potting 35? Not every player is freaking Michael Peca.

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
Good for the next two years which is fine but I think we're in trouble after two years..Personally I think he will be a 40 goal scorer and demand big bucks then...I would have loved a 6 year deal at 4.5

Reactions: GOALOFSSON

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad