Confirmed with Link: Sabres re-sign Scott Wilson. 2 years, $1.05m AAV

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
Better 4th line than we’ve had for a while. Tricky part is making sure that’s all he plays.

Reactions: Vito_81

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
What would his QO have been? Still trying to figure out the financials on this. Perhaps he wanted the two year contract? I like Wilson's compete, but he's a marginal NHLer at this point and someone from Roch needs to push him out of the lineup.

Puppa2Miller

Oct 4, 2007
What would his QO have been? Still trying to figure out the financials on this. Perhaps he wanted the two year contract? I like Wilson's compete, but he's a marginal NHLer at this point and someone from Roch needs to push him out of the lineup.
It was never about the QO. It was about preventing Wilson from taking them to arbitrtation.

Reactions: Buffaloed

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
I don't believe that. It doesn't make sense. It has to be term.

Yeah that could have something to do with it, although IIRC you can pick a 1 or 2 year term even if you go to arbitration?

I wonder if it maybe has to do with Wilson pricing himself too high. So Botterill gave him the chance to see what his value was on the open market, and once that was determined, came to what he felt was a deal with Wilson.

Reactions: Dingo44

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
QO only sets the term if the player accepts it. If the player rejects it he's still an RFA that can sign for any term he and the team agree on. This was about arbitration.
Yes, I understand arbitration would have been involved. But if the Sabres were unwilling to go to arbitration and decided the way to avoid that was no QO, then why would Wilson want to play for that org? What would he have gotten in arbitration?

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
Bots has turned this team into a charity that takes on other teams cap dumps. Wilson is blessed with an Angel in Bots

Ryan f***ing Reaves got $2.775M, Tim Schaller got $1.9M... With contracts like that out there I don't know why you would be willing to put your faith in an arbitrator. Besides, we have guys down in Rochester making $925k (Pilut, Oglevie, CJ Smith), how much do you think a good soldier like Wilson should have got?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad