TBN: Sabres' Rasmus Dahlin on watching playoffs: 'You feel a bit like a loser'

mjlee

Feb 25, 2006
Another article about Rasmus Rasmus Dahlin om drömlönen och livet i USA: ”Börjar känna mig bekväm nu”

Quite a lot is repeated from previous interviews, eg, working hard, believe Sabres will win, gaining weight etc. He likes Buffalo for being a blue collar town and the fans love hard working players. When he meets fans they are all hungry for success. Likes the snow and the cold.

A bit of background, he moved from home at 15 to Gothenburg where he had his own apartment, cooked his own food (pasta and meatballs mostly) going to school and playing for Frölunda. It's interesting that in Sweden junior players who move away from home do not have a host family but have to take care of themselves.

He has a girlfriend, Carolina and they've been together for five years, same birthday, Lives in a semi-detached house very close to Keybank Arena where many other team mates live which he likes. His english is getting better, earlier he just said yes and no to every question :laugh: I suspect that's why so many european players come across as white bread bland, if you read interviews in Sweden it's very different.

But oh dear, he really likes Toronto and go there with friends to concerts and watching the Raptors and just walk around the city. Oh, and he's bought one luxury item, a Porsche Panamera. At home he lives with his parents who pay when they go out for dinner etc.

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
It's okay to like Toronto, as long as he hates the Leafs. It is a beautiful city, which makes their team even more obnoxious.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Another article about Rasmus Rasmus Dahlin om drömlönen och livet i USA: ”Börjar känna mig bekväm nu”

Quite a lot is repeated from previous interviews, eg, working hard, believe Sabres will win, gaining weight etc. He likes Buffalo for being a blue collar town and the fans love hard working players. When he meets fans they are all hungry for success. Likes the snow and the cold.

A bit of background, he moved from home at 15 to Gothenburg where he had his own apartment, cooked his own food (pasta and meatballs mostly) going to school and playing for Frölunda. It's interesting that in Sweden junior players who move away from home do not have a host family but have to take care of themselves.

He has a girlfriend, Carolina and they've been together for five years, same birthday, Lives in a semi-detached house very close to Keybank Arena where many other team mates live which he likes. His english is getting better, earlier he just said yes and no to every question :laugh: I suspect that's why so many european players come across as white bread bland, if you read interviews in Sweden it's very different.

But oh dear, he really likes Toronto and go there with friends to concerts and watching the Raptors and just walk around the city. Oh, and he's bought one luxury item, a Porsche Panamera. At home he lives with his parents who pay when they go out for dinner etc.

If you watch the Raptors play a home game on TV, the atmosphere is insane. It’s so rowdy and noisy. It’s Lebron’s favourite away city to play in. It’s absolutely night and day from a Leafs game (except for when they score).

mjlee

Feb 25, 2006
:popcorn:

Anything else said about that or just a quick comment?

Nope sorry, nothing about Victor except for a mention that he likes living close to him and the other Swedes and it's nice speaking Swedish sometimes.

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
The Bata Shoe Museum is considered the 8th wonder of the world by calceologists.
I ride my bike down the road sometimes and peer across the lake. If the atmosphere is just right, I can see the sun's reflection on the golden aglet of the BSM's triumphant raised lace.

cramdizzl

cram it
Jan 5, 2012
Western NY
Apparently there is image of him all muscled up ..

Sorry

I've been eagerly waiting for this topic to pop up

EkJVjzGWsAEZP9W

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
Yea, if dahlin can take the next step and carry a first pairing, risto can slide to his appropriate role. Joker is solid, and montour/miller/McCabe can compliment.

absent adding a top 4 LD, it’s the only way our defense isn’t going to be a negative.

EmeraldCitySabre

Yeah, we've got uniforms and everything....
Apr 10, 2010
The Claw
Anyone with two eyes that knows anything about hockey can see how talented Dahlin is, at some point he's going to be the best defenseman in the NHL. If he got jacked up this offseason, that's a good start, 2021 might be the year he takes over. Eichel-Hall-Dahlin is going to gives opposing teams nightmares.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Anyone with two eyes that knows anything about hockey can see how talented Dahlin is, at some point he's going to be the best defenseman in the NHL. If he got jacked up this offseason, that's a good start, 2021 might be the year he takes over. Eichel-Hall-Dahlin is going to gives opposing teams nightmares.

I think it'll be a few years still before we see the best of Rasmus Dahlin, but he's gonna be an elite defenseman even before he reaches his peak. Definitely excited to see what kind of step forward he takes this year.

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
Mittelstadt took this to heart: "I can't believe all the idiots spending time in the weight room when all they have to do is play ping pong".
"And if pong was so great back in the, like, 90's, just think how much better for you COD must be!"

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX
This guy hitting his potential also means we can trend to cup contention. That's two elite players at the most important spots.

I've always believed 100% in Dahlin, he just needed time.

it will be a big help. Maybe even more of an impact than Myers had his rookie season, which helped us to a division win

but if we keep playing a certain blind goalie, won't matter how much we score

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad