TBN: Sabres' Rasmus Dahlin on watching playoffs: 'You feel a bit like a loser'

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Sabres' Rasmus Dahlin on watching playoffs: 'You feel a bit like a loser'

“It is of course fun to see all the fun matches and good players, but you yourself sit and think that we could have been there,” the Buffalo Sabres defenseman told HockeyNews.Se, a website based in Sweden. “You feel a bit like a loser.”

No doubt someone will say he wants to be traded. :laugh:

He's been training with Sabres future first round pick Alexander Holtz and his weight is up to 205lb from 193lb.

“From Buffalo's side, they want to see a bigger and stronger Rasmus when I return.”

I think he'll end up 210-215lb when he matures. He still only 20 years old.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
It's on Krueger to use him more.

Dahlin taking a step is priority #2 right behind the center spine.

Reactions: Mitts888

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Sabres' Rasmus Dahlin on watching playoffs: 'You feel a bit like a loser'

“It is of course fun to see all the fun matches and good players, but you yourself sit and think that we could have been there,” the Buffalo Sabres defenseman told HockeyNews.Se, a website based in Sweden. “You feel a bit like a loser.”

No doubt someone will say he wants to be traded. :laugh:

He's been training with Sabres future first round pick Alexander Holtz and his weight is up to 205lb from 193lb.

“From Buffalo's side, they want to see a bigger and stronger Rasmus when I return.”

I think he'll end up 210-215lb when he matures. He still only 20 years old.

Can't access the english article but they must have gotten that wrong. He's been training with Raymond (and Henrik Lundqvist among others), not Holtz

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
upload_2020-8-6_13-29-12.gif

Dahlin and Tage showing up to camp in November

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Can't access the english article but they must have gotten that wrong. He's been training with Raymond (and Henrik Lundqvist among others), not Holtz
Thanks, Paul Hamilton must have done the translation. :laugh:

It's an exciting draft with Holtz and Raymond waiting. How well do you know them?
"Raymond, I've been hanging out with quite a lot this summer. We've been running ice and hanging out a little outside, too. He's a guy who hates losing. I don't know much about Holtz, but dad had him in the national team, so I've only heard good things about the guys. We'll see who goes first.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Thanks, Paul Hamilton must have done the translation. :laugh:

It's an exciting draft with Holtz and Raymond waiting. How well do you know them?
"Raymond, I've been hanging out with quite a lot this summer. We've been running ice and hanging out a little outside, too. He's a guy who hates losing. I don't know much about Holtz, but dad had him in the national team, so I've only heard good things about the guys. We'll see who goes first.

What do you weigh now?
- 93 kilos. But if you're going to be the best in the NHL like Hedman (Victor), I need to put on a little more. As long as I feel light and fast on the ice, just put on as much as possible.

BTW Microsoft Edge translates Swedish to English almost perfectly. Google translations are tortured.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ginger Papa

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
From the video:
He goes to bed between 23:00-24:00 - seems we're in the clear when it comes to Fortnite. Also praises Lundqvist a lot, especially his work ethic.

When asked about the future he mentions year and then years as the timeframe for when they'll be good.

Reactions: Bferra13

mjlee

Feb 25, 2006
Rasmus Dahlin laddar med monstermåltider

Long article and interview with Rasmus. Basically, he eats a LOT, big breakfast, two lunches, two dinners and a late night 'snack.' Five days a week: breakfast, working out, lunch, working on the ice, another lunch, working out again, play padel, dinner (sometimes two) then a large snack later in the evening. He wants to be stronger in front of the goal and in his own zone, better and more powerful shot without losing speed and agility. Sometimes has difficulties actually eating as much as he needs to. He spends his time doing the things he loves most, working out and being on ice.

Says in one way it's been good for him to get this time to work out on and off the ice, the past years it's been a lot with the draft and then his first NHL season. Says if he wants to be as good as Nicklas Lidstrom and Victor Hedman he has to gain even more muscle (doesn't lack ambition does he?) Works a lot on his shooting. Loves watching team mate Victor Olofson and try and imitate him. Understands Eichel's frustration since he's been there longer but they have a young talanted team and he knows they'll be better.

Impression is that he's a calmer, more mature 20 year old who is more relaxed, laughs and jokes more. Atm he's at a camp organised partly by Mika Zibanejad working with kids. He's bigger and a more balanced (I guess you can translate it) skater.

Short translation.

PS. Check out the pictures, he really is getting fat.

BuffaloGooner

Sep 8, 2011
Sloan, NY
I know as fans of the team that we know he’s really good but this guy is going to explode on the scene nationally this year

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX
at a minimum, he needs to have a season this year better than Myers' rookie year. Needs to be able to give 25 minutes a night and be an all situations number 1

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Rasmus Dahlin laddar med monstermåltider

Long article and interview with Rasmus. Basically, he eats a LOT, big breakfast, two lunches, two dinners and a late night 'snack.' Five days a week: breakfast, working out, lunch, working on the ice, another lunch, working out again, play padel, dinner (sometimes two) then a large snack later in the evening. He wants to be stronger in front of the goal and in his own zone, better and more powerful shot without losing speed and agility. Sometimes has difficulties actually eating as much as he needs to. He spends his time doing the things he loves most, working out and being on ice.

Says in one way it's been good for him to get this time to work out on and off the ice, the past years it's been a lot with the draft and then his first NHL season. Says if he wants to be as good as Nicklas Lidstrom and Victor Hedman he has to gain even more muscle (doesn't lack ambition does he?) Works a lot on his shooting. Loves watching team mate Victor Olofson and try and imitate him. Understands Eichel's frustration since he's been there longer but they have a young talanted team and he knows they'll be better.

Impression is that he's a calmer, more mature 20 year old who is more relaxed, laughs and jokes more. Atm he's at a camp organised partly by Mika Zibanejad working with kids. He's bigger and a more balanced (I guess you can translate it) skater.

Short translation.

PS. Check out the pictures, he really is getting fat.

We are so lucky to have this guy.

jputt99

Nov 24, 2016
Charlotte NC
Great ! This franchise needs more players who feel that way . I was proud to hear Jack speak out about his frustrations with losing . I'm confident he's the right guy to captain this team in the future . Building around Eichel and Dahlin is a plan for success . We all know that Buffalo needs more players who feel the same way , regardless of their level of talent .

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad