Friedman: Sabres preparing for An Additional Top Ten Pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Why they’ll all still be cost controlled assets and Jack will be 1-2 years away from ufa

not to mention it’s not just like dach or zegras or byfield

It’s them + high 1st plus other assets

do you really want to see it what zegras + eklund/Hughes/beniers + perreault are doing in 2-3 years compared to eichek

Any prospect who is out of the CHL will have at most 2 more years of team control. Yes, the guy who outscored Auston Matthews the last 4 years before this past one where he was hurt all year is worth less then Trevor Zegras :laugh:

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Any prospect who is out of the CHL will have at most 2 more years of team control. Yes, the guy who outscored Auston Matthews the last 4 years before this past one where he was hurt all year is worth less then Trevor Zegras :laugh:

There's a rather large difference between having a guy signed and guys under team control, who are gonna cost significantly less. There isn't a world where Trevor Zegras makes $50 million the next five years and there aren't many worlds where he makes even $25 million in that timeframe. That's a pretty decent sized factor.

Most of all, though, no one's giving up a prospect like that so there's no real reason for Anaheim to.

Paper

Nov 4, 2009
No way Yzerman does that.
An elite young centre talent who has appeared to worn out his welcome with his drafted team and has people questioning his leadership qualities. Of course I'm talking about Yzerman pre-Stanley Cup and not Eichel.

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014
That’s fine people don’t have to trade for him either… can be your problem for 5 years…. There was plenty of smoke to warrant discussions…. That’s on your team and eichel not Anaheim or Columbus or la chi ny
Is having someone as good as Jack a problem tho?
His injury is pretty much the same as Letangs and certainly not Dorsetts and we should assume any team trading for him will be confident his health is fine going forward, otherwise, a deal won't happen.
I respect Duck fans wanting to keep Zegras but some of these posts claiming he is better is pretty nuts.
like Petey, he came in his D+2 season and like Petey size was a concern but Petey was a ppg player at the same age and did that with his most common linemates of LE and swiss baer-cheese.
He hasn't shown anything yet that lends itself to him ever being an elite franchise 1c, maybe he does but as of now Jack is the type of guy you move mountains for, if he's healthy of course and as fans we don't know everything but any trade proposal should be under the assumption he will be.

Last edited:

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
His injury is pretty much the same as Letangs and certainly not Dorsetts and we should assume any team trading for him will be confident his health is fine going forward, otherwise, a deal won't happen.
I respect Duck fans wanting to keep Zegras but some of these posts claiming he is better is pretty nuts.
like Petey, he came in his D+2 season and like Petey size was a concern but Petey was a ppg player at the same age and did that with his most common linemates of LE and swiss baer-cheese.
He hasn't shown anything yet that lends itself to him ever being an elite franchise 1c, maybe he does but as of now Jack is the type of guy you move mountains for, if he's healthy of course and as fans we don't know everything but any trade proposal should be under the assumption he will be.
Literally not one ducks fan said zegras is better. The trade with the 3oa ++ is a bad deal for our situation. Eichel is also a lot more expensive and with an injury but ive never heard anyone say zegras is or likely will be better than eichel.

Reactions: dracom

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
I did that for ROR recently and the "untouchables" back then were

Ryan Poehling
Montreal's 3rd (Jesperi Kotkaniemi)
Jake Bean
Noah Hanifin
Nolan Patrick
Travis Konecny
Robert Thomas
Vince Dunn
Jordan Kyrou
As dumb as the trade was for us it's almost as dumb that no one put forward a better offer.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Buffalo fans keep making up this idea that because duck fans don’t want to trade zegras , that means they think he is better. I don’t think I’ve seen 1 duck fan call zegras better than eichel.

We’ve said he’s cost controlled, we’ve said he has star potential based on his skill/attitude, we’ve said it’s a lateral to bad move to send zegras ++ to Buffalo for eichel.

getting eichel at the expense of zegras++ just puts us in the same boat, if eichel can’t make Buffalo into a playoff team…. There is a low chance he can turn Anaheim into a playoff team without some star power around him.

if zegras/drysdale have to be part of the trade then Anaheim is better off making the pick at 3. That’s not a diss to eichel, or us thinking those 2 are better than eichel, it’s us continue to be patient on the rebuild .

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
I did that for ROR recently and the "untouchables" back then were

Ryan Poehling
Montreal's 3rd (Jesperi Kotkaniemi)
Jake Bean
Noah Hanifin
Nolan Patrick
Travis Konecny
Robert Thomas
Vince Dunn
Jordan Kyrou

I'd take all of them over Sobotka, Berglund and Tage Thompson.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Well it narrows that down to: :laugh:

Seattle
Detroit
New Jersey
Columbus
Anaheim
San Jose
Los Angeles
Vancouver
Ottawa

Eichel or Reinhart???
Now we remove Vancouver who can't afford him, Ottawa who wouldn't pay, Seattle who wouldn't trade their first ever pick and LA who has already backed out. San Jose has a tight Cap situation.

Det, Anh and CBJ. I think Yzerman will horde his prospects which might mean only 2 teams.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Now we remove Vancouver who can't afford him, Ottawa who wouldn't pay, Seattle who wouldn't trade their first ever pick and LA who has already backed out. San Jose has a tight Cap situation.

Det, Anh and CBJ. I think Yzerman will horde his prospects which might mean only 2 teams.

I assume Detroit won’t move Seider or raymond and Anaheim won’t move zegras or drysdale.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
You guys do know that whatever is said in this thread has no bearing on what the trade outcome will be right?
That’s why it’s a discussion forum, bm has said before drysdale and zegras won’t be moved and I assume he sticks to that, despite what Buffalo fans want to think

ClassicBusiness

Mar 20, 2012
That’s why it’s a discussion forum, bm has said before drysdale and zegras won’t be moved and I assume he sticks to that, despite what Buffalo fans want to think

I mean I get it from Ducks fans perspectives but why wouldn't Buffalo want one of the best prospects from ANA? I don't think a deal gets done between ANA and BUF because it makes little sense for ANA send out the farm for Eichel to be in Buffalo West. I think they would only be interested in having Jack to pair with Zegras.

BUF should be asking for the best prospects from teams though, whether they get it remains to be seen. Hopefully something happens in the next couple weeks so we can break down the trade instead of rumors. GMKA has to get this right...

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC

Not necessarily for Eichel. They could always be expecting someone in the top 10 to bite on Reinhart. I’d still keep Wild in the mix for sure and NYR lurking keeping an eye out. I’m sure LA is doing the same as NYR.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Would you take any of them over ROR? Hell, would you take any 3 of them over ROR?
People overestimate their prospects.

I think you are missing the main point. None of those prospects were the price for ROR. The price was lower than that....

... so nobody overrated them. I get your argument that any 1 of those would've been a good deal for said team. But the actual buyer gave up less. To say "The Blues overrated Kyrou, Dunn and Thomas!!!!!!!" is a pretty silly argument when they ended up only paying Thompson and cap dumps (and a late 1st).

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
You guys do know that whatever is said in this thread has no bearing on what the trade outcome will be right?
Absolutely true. That goes for fans saying they wouldn't give up X prospect.... but it also goes for Sabres fans saying "We'll just keep him." or "He's healthy and will play on Day 1".

Reactions: Getz2noone

Jagemon

Sep 27, 2005
I think you are missing the main point. None of those prospects were the price for ROR. The price was lower than that....

Think you missed the point, which was that people said these are the players that are non-starters. In hindsight none of the players mentioned could even sniff the value of ROR.

Point being just because you state someone to be a blue chipper that will not be involved there is a great chance that the said player will not pan out as expected.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I mean I get it from Ducks fans perspectives but why wouldn't Buffalo want one of the best prospects from ANA? I don't think a deal gets done between ANA and BUF because it makes little sense for ANA send out the farm for Eichel to be in Buffalo West. I think they would only be interested in having Jack to pair with Zegras.

BUF should be asking for the best prospects from teams though, whether they get it remains to be seen. Hopefully something happens in the next couple weeks so we can break down the trade instead of rumors. GMKA has to get this right...
100% correct

it’s a shitty situation for Buffalo fans, and from a neutral perspective I think its better to get it out of the way, and move forward with building a team…. But obviously you want to get the best possible return

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad