Friedman: Sabres Open For Business

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
What do you think Eichel says when they trade good players like Reinhart or Olofsson for futures?

I think he resigns as a GM.

Reactions: Dhakhan

tunaboy

Dec 22, 2016
You do not trade your core players ,Eichel , Reinhart ,Olofsson ,Cozens,Dahlin ,plain and simple let the new coach in..When its time we unload ..Hall will get us a first + ,Stall = maybe a first but a second atleast ,Montour =second at best more like a third rounder ,Miller second at best ,Sheehan =4th rounder ,Eakins =third ,Okposo is done as a sabre Hutton also ..its not a full rebuild just need to get the right players to blend with your core ..Ristolainen should get us a first ,Skinner =buyout or whats best for the team he needs to go also ..here what kind of players i would bring in, players with speed ,speed more speed ,fear the buffalo when you come to town with a banger line and physical defensmen ...#1 Alex Tuch on Eichel wing ,#2 Nikolay Ehlers is another #3 Anthony Cirelli we need that number 2 centre going forward #4 Marcus Foligno Adam Lowry and Zemgus would rock the house ,Defence we have Dahlin and Borgen ,Nikita Zadorov with Risto or Joker then its Kuemper from the yotes ...build from there as you go

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
You do not trade your core players ,Eichel , Reinhart ,Olofsson ,Cozens,Dahlin ,plain and simple let the new coach in..When its time we unload ..Hall will get us a first + ,Stall = maybe a first but a second atleast ,Montour =second at best more like a third rounder ,Miller second at best ,Sheehan =4th rounder ,Eakins =third ,Okposo is done as a sabre Hutton also ..its not a full rebuild just need to get the right players to blend with your core ..Ristolainen should get us a first ,Skinner =buyout or whats best for the team he needs to go also ..here what kind of players i would bring in, players with speed ,speed more speed ,fear the buffalo when you come to town with a banger line and physical defensmen ...#1 Alex Tuch on Eichel wing ,#2 Nikolay Ehlers is another #3 Anthony Cirelli we need that number 2 centre going forward #4 Marcus Foligno Adam Lowry and Zemgus would rock the house ,Defence we have Dahlin and Borgen ,Nikita Zadorov with Risto or Joker then its Kuemper from the yotes ...build from there as you go
If Cirelli was available you'd see a league wide bidding war.

Tetsuo

Boss of a Pile of Rubble
Apr 11, 2018
Michigan
I imagine it's more he was a question mark to begin with and hasn't done anything to inspire any faith in him. I could see why Sabres fans would want a sexier name in charge of the team.
I just stalked the Buffalo board, it seems like the consensus is that he's too inexperienced to handle this situation. He hasn't really demonstrated a lot of leadership with all the hubbub that his franchise has generated, and his moves (or lack thereof) haven't really done anything to put his stamp on the team. It's clear that they need a coaching change at the least, if not a massive change in direction. There was an article I saw from the Athletic about how former captains viewed the current state of the franchise -- I think they had some pretty sound advice.

But anyways, because this seems like the thread to offer up terrible trade proposals: how about Detroit takes all of Jeff Skinner's contract and Dahlin off your hands? No retention at all, just wipe the slate clean.

Unironically it is the only way I can see my team, or perhaps any team, taking on Skinner--that contract is odious. It's a still a joke offer, but horrible Eichel trade proposals have been infesting the trade board like weeds lately.

Last edited by a moderator:

Disgraced Cosmonaut

Oct 26, 2002
Visit site
Eichel is not going anywhere at this time. Unless a young slew of pieces that combine proven goodness and potential is thrown out there, I see no reason to move him. I wonder if Calgary could figure out a way to do something at some point, though.
I have a feeling that if you're a surprise team with some cap space, you can make a good hockey trade for your team. Help the Sabres lighten up the payroll and take on Skinner or Okposo.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
EJz6yijU0AAK1Xy.jpg

Cirris

Nov 10, 2006
Crackport
I just don't think there's much to sell.

GM's aren't likely going to want to take on anything other than an expiring contracts because of expansion draft.

So even players like Reinhart, Montour, or Ristolainan are added expansion draft liabilities.

No one is going to take Skinner or Okposo's contract on.

There's little value for players like Miller, Eakin, Lazar, Reider, Sheahan.

WHY would you give away any of your young talent, Jokihahru, Cozens, Quinn, Borgen, Samuelson etc.

Sabres are like Fry's electronics. Anything of trading value is already been poached, the stores are bare for awhile now.

Botteril finished throwing away assets after Murray had already started.

Mar 26, 2010
Get Eichel to play for his childhood favourite team: the Habs! We have lots of players (Suzuki/Kotkaniemi/Romanov, etc), prospects (Caufield/Guhle, etc).
None of those players get you close to Eichel.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Buffalo's cap situation is so screwed.
Hire a coach willing to play Okposo the way the Kings use Dustin Brown. Salvage something out of this for f***s sake.

Skinner 18 games 0-1-1 13:26
Okposo 16 games 0-1-1 13:14

Jesus.
What's that? $15M???

Last edited:
Reactions: Hitemwith4

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I could see the Jets being interested in Colin and/or Montour, either would require MP going back as a perquisite as part of the trade cap wise......then futures (picks/prospects) would be added.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Us fans want Krueger gone. And someone like Gallant or Boudreau brought in.
Either one of those would be a godsend for them. It's getting to the point where they should fire Krueger.

I think Gallant is the better coach, but Boudreau might make more sense. He would give them a huge boost and help them take that step of making the playoffs one of these years.

Reactions: itwasaforwardpass

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
TBH it would gut the Habs talent wise to get Eichel, same reason why Habs didn't get Laine and Eichel is >>> Laine.
I would trade Suzuki + Romanov + Caufield + 1st + Danault + another roster player (for cap purposes) to get Eichel. I’d then build the team around him. The thing is the Habs have not had a groundbreaking (or anything remotely close) forward on their team in decades. We jump in joy and kiss a player’s ass when they finish the season with 60 points. I would have done anything to acquire Laine. I would do anything to acquire Eichel should be actually be available. I just want a star forward on my team for once and would be willing to pay the price to get one and build around him.

Reactions: Dirty Dog

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad