Friedman: Sabres Open For Business

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
I'd have some interest in Eakin as 3rd C but I wonder if he's having an off-season offensively due to injury or just a bad team? His faceoffs look good and seems like he's always been known as a two-way player with playmaking ability?

Reactions: itwasaforwardpass

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
I'd have some interest in Eakin as 3rd C but I wonder if he's having an off-season offensively due to injury or just a bad team? His faceoffs look good and seems like he's always been known as a two-way player with playmaking ability?

Bad team. Reider - Eakin - Mitts have looked good. But Okposo is stapled to them. Which craters them. Plus they get mostly defensive zone starts

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Players that the Devils need the most and fit in with our rebuild timeline (players age) are the ones that would be untouchable from the Sabres.
Dahlin
Cozens
Olofsson
Any shoot first wingers available ? And please no to Skinner

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
What would it take from Anaheim to get Reinhart?

Only absolute untouchables would be Zegras and Drysdale. A few others you wouldn’t get one for one for him but nobody else I would consider truly untouchable.

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011
Open for business for a coach... would rather leave the roster assessment up to new management.

But then how would you make stupid trades that'll set the team back another five years?

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Not really meant to be shot at Sabres fans, but it's crazy to see how few valuable assets this team has to part with when you consider how unsuccessful they've been.

In my opinion, I think it's in their very best interest to trade Jack Eichel this summer. They need a clean slate.

I mean. They have some decent assets, but there's nothing peripheral to make a team improving deal kind of this.

Dahlin and Eichel teams would load up the Brinks trucks for.
Guys like Reinhart, Hall would get great return if only on name alone (in Hall's case).
Guys like Cozens will not be on the table.
Guys like Olofsson, Ristolainen, Staal, Mittlestadt and even Montour would get decent to solid returns, some just on name sake alone.

Buffalo on paper is better than the sum of its parts, but the product just doesn't work. It happens.

A rebuild is the way to go.
Start with Dahlin and Cozens, and get a haul for Eichel, and anything else not stapled down. Start with a 20 year old Dman that has sky high ceilings and a 20 year old heart-and-soul big right shot centre. Your rebuild is already on to a good start with that situation.

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012
Has Adams already overstayed his welcome in Buffalo?

I imagine it's more he was a question mark to begin with and hasn't done anything to inspire any faith in him. I could see why Sabres fans would want a sexier name in charge of the team.

Kublakhan

Lets Go Buffalo !!!
Jan 24, 2013
North Tonawanda
Adams has made some good moves in the short time he's been a GM, you have to trust someone to burn it down ans start over this coach/GM roulette is not working

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
I know it won't happen, but I really hope they trade Dahlin. It's disgusting to see what kind of player he's become, just a complete erosion of his game and confidence. He should be one on the league's brightest young stars but he's a shell of the player he was when he entered the league. The organizational mismanagement has also cost the kid a truck load of money, as Dahlin will have little bargaining power coming off a year like this. What a mess.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad