Dreger: Sabres looking to add both a top 6 and bottom 6 forward

Not Sure

Feb 8, 2016
Buffalo
Taylor Hall + Miles Wood for Laurence Pilut + Evan Rodrigues + 1st 2021

If we were given permission to talk to Hall and make sure he wants to play here I'd do that deal. Even if it were just making the first conditional on resigning it could be done, but no way Buffalo does it without some long term security for the first rounder. We are over extended on D and someone's gotta move, obviously a righty is preferred but if it takes moving Pilut to get some scoring support you gotta do it.

Our power play is already good and that's with Eichel playing the whole 2 minutes. If you can roll 2 units with Eichel and Hall would make them much more dangerous.

Eichel-Reinhart-Olofsson-Dahlin-Miller/Joki
Hall-Johansson-Skinner-Scandella/McCabe-Risto

Those are looking like 2 legit scoring lines on the PP and 5v5

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net
One stop shopping. Take an Athanasiou and Glendening in one deal. Returning salary is manageable.

No idea what the ask would be from Detroit for such a package, but I imagine it starts with a 2020 first and then add.

I'd prefer to ship out Abdominalgrater (with like, 50% retention) over Glendening... but yeah. We're like the Wal-Mart of middle-to-bottom-6 forwards.

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
Loui Eriksson can play in Top 6 and Bottom 6.

I will give Sabres option to swap 7th rounders, and take up to 2 minor league contracts you want to dump.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Would Nick Ritchie actually be available? I thought he was both a fan favorite and management favorite. Ducks love their gritty guys
For the right price maybe, only because we have Rakell, Jones, and Comtois up now, with our recent first round pick Tracey also playing the position, plus guys like Shore and Deslauriers.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
For the right price maybe, only because we have Rakell, Jones, and Comtois up now, with our recent first round pick Tracey also playing the position, plus guys like Shore and Deslauriers.

Whats his contract like

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
I'd prefer to ship out Abdominalgrater (with like, 50% retention) over Glendening... but yeah. We're like the Wal-Mart of middle-to-bottom-6 forwards.

Yeah but nobody wants Abdelkader at any price, Glendening actually has some value as a bottom 6 F

Reactions: RedMenace

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
I think that they meant the Sabres only want one player in return really as our bottom 6 is fine atm but probably would bring somebody up into the top 6 and do something with Sobotka because god knows why they keep him in the lineup while guys like Rodriguez sit.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
I think that they meant the Sabres only want one player in return really as our bottom 6 is fine atm but probably would bring somebody up into the top 6 and do something with Sobotka because god knows why they keep him in the lineup while guys like Rodriguez sit.
I don’t like Mitts link, maybe need help there, Rodrigues looked pretty bad this season and Krueger doesn't trust him.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
I don’t like Mitts link, maybe need help there, Rodrigues looked pretty bad this season and Krueger doesn't trust him.
Rodriguez hardly even gets to play...if anything he could actually be on the top line with Eichel and Reinhart where he's shown he can be productive before and Olofsson can probably help the 2nd line since he honestly hasn't been doing anything at even strength at least Rodriguez would grind up and retrieve the puck for the other two since Oloffsson can't seem to ever win a puck battle.

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
We have four lines that are all bottom 6 players currently playing for us please come and take whomever you want. And I'm serious we'll take anyone you give us or whatever you wanna spare.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad