GDT: Sabres @ Lightning 7PM EST TV:MSG Radio:WGR550 Shock the Bolts

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
They will need to give him games off.
Comrie vs the Jets seems like a no-brainer.

Are Sabres allowed to do their former teams what former Sabres do to ours? Tune in and find out...

Speaking of which, gotta go with UPL against Vegas to keep Carrot Top off the scoresheet.

edit: I guess Eichel being injured will keep Eichel off the scoresheet.

Reactions: Dingo44

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Comrie vs the Jets seems like a no-brainer.

Are Sabres allowed to do their former teams what former Sabres do to ours? Tune in and find out...

Speaking of which, gotta go with UPL against Vegas to keep Carrot Top off the scoresheet.

I don't know if Eich will be back from injury by that game. He's on LTIR but due back in March from what I had last read/heard/seen.

Reactions: slip

Taro Tsujimoto

Jan 6, 2009
Clarence Center, NY

1709263705836.gif

Last edited:

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
I don't know if Eich will be back from injury by that game. He's on LTIR but due back in March from what I had last read/heard/seen.
He's been skating and wasn't wearing the red no contact jersey today

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Just finished watching the game via the ESPN archive......

Unexpected and impressive win by the Sabres.

The arrogance of Tampa is a bit much to take. Playing a 1 - 4 NZ trap in the 3rd baffled the Sabres a but but they took advantage of a couple of Tampa line changes to stretch the gap between Tampa defenders and gained space to enter the zone and play offense.

Thompson can certainly snipe. UPL was solid across the board and Dahlin clinched the win in OT.

Worth watching tonight.

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
Great effort from the whole team.

Mitts was so sneaky good on that highly satisfying tap-in OT winner by Dahlin. Cernak was about to go full pretzel.

Disappointing TB 2nd goal. Dahlin and Joki were both far away from Chaffee, wide open in front for the lucky tipped sand wedge.

Best game from Clifton as a Sabre. He was smacking guys, breaking up plays, and on top of the puck all night.

I'd be content if Benson gets called for every borderline infraction if they call the obvious ones against him. As it stands, they might as well change his nameplate to "Tackle Me For Free".

Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers

Dex

Complementary
Sponsor
Dec 5, 2011
Under Deep Cover
I really enjoyed that game last night. The game winner was just a great play and goal. I liked seeing Clifton on top of his game. Thought RJ (with apologies to RJ) looked good. Tage's goal was both clutch and a beauty. Loved hearing Luuuuuuu when UPL made great saves

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I have to say, for as annoying as this team has been, it's nice they consistently beat Tampa and the Leafs. Two teams I really dont like.

It was nice beating Tampa the way they did.

If they could win the season series against those two teams (and the Habs and Bruins), it would make things a lot nicer. Granted, the divisional format is now a whopping 3 or 4 games instead of 6 or even 8 like it once was.

Reactions: Dubi Doo

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
I have to say, for as annoying as this team has been, it's nice they consistently beat Tampa and the Leafs. Two teams I really dont like.

It was nice beating Tampa the way they did.
Would have been better to beat them in regulation so they didnt get a point though

Reactions: Dubi Doo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad