GDT: Sabres@Leafs 7PM TSN4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Yeah my family lives in Grand Valley. The pics I’m getting look crazy. Stay inside!
Oh, I'm not going anywhere. Got called this morning to not come into work. Grand Valley is about 20 minutes from me, its probably even worse out there with all the open fields around. I opened my front door and the snow drift is probably 3 feet tall. Crazy.

Reactions: TML Dynasty

Vaive50

Dec 24, 2015
Leafs have made a bad habit of dropping games after emotional wins, so hopefully they are ready for a desperate Sabres team.

This is one very unpredictable Sabres team, just look at their last 6 games, they beat the Islanders, then lose to the Rangers, Devils and Panthers, then take Tampa to a shootout before losing and then beat the Caps. Beating the top 10 teams and losing to bottom 10 teams, doesn't that ring a bell.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
That's all true about the team. It's good he sees it. Do you think that is something Babcock is expected to squeeze out as a coach? Or is it something only the players can bring out "when they want" and with more maturity and experience.
Fact he recognizes it means the players. That's what we've seen so he isn't oblivious at least...

Reactions: MattySnipes

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
Fact he recognizes it means the players. That's what we've seen so he isn't oblivious at least...
Nylander only started to play better AFTER he was sent to the 4th line again.

The timid starts to a game does not help either. No forechecking means the other team always takes it to you when the game starts.

The problem is compounded for the Leafs because the forwards do not hustle back most of the time.

I really think, that they will turn it around soon.

This is a playoff team, and they should have an idea of what it will take to win in the playoffs after their experiences the last two years.

If any coach can get a team playoff, it will be this coach.

Next 10 games going to be very important, to try to get the team into playoff shape.

:deadhorse

Reactions: DarkKnight

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
You know, it will be tough game tonight.

Buffalo basically slipping out of playoff contention, and it has to stop, like now.

So the Leafs will be facing a desperate team in a rivalry game.

Last game ... ... they were behind 3-0 to Montreal ... ... and the game day thread implodes ... ... it usually implodes but according to reports, it was a little extra this past Saturday night.

I do not mind that too much as the Leafs came back to win. If you can't go crazy on a Saturday night, then when can ya?

Anyways, the Leafs have to learn to start the game right.

Last year in Boston, in games 1 and 2, they were already road kill after the 1st period.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Looks like Moore will take the wing on the fourth line after all!

Leafs have the potential to run dangerous lines if the coaching staff stops with the entitled time allotments and gives TOI based on play on ice

Leafs can potentially run

hyman-tavares-marner
johnsson-matthews-kapanen
moore-nylander-brown
marleau-kadri-ennis

4 line depth; run the lines that have their mojo going on a given night more with high ice time

OR statck three lines

hyman-tavares-marner
johnsson-matthews-nylander
moore-kadri-kapanen
ennis-marleau-brown

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
Oh, I'm not going anywhere. Got called this morning to not come into work. Grand Valley is about 20 minutes from me, its probably even worse out there with all the open fields around. I opened my front door and the snow drift is probably 3 feet tall. Crazy.

The really crazy thing is we got nothing in Burlington. Roads are dry, normal day. Southern Ontario seems to have the most diverse whether packed in a tight little area.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Leafs have the potential to run dangerous lines if the coaching staff stops with the entitled time allotments and gives TOI based on play on ice

Leafs can potentially run

hyman-tavares-marner
johnsson-matthews-kapanen
moore-nylander-brown
marleau-kadri-ennis

4 line depth; run the lines that have their mojo going on a given night more with high ice time

OR statck three lines

hyman-tavares-marner
johnsson-matthews-nylander
moore-kadri-kapanen
ennis-marleau-brown

I actually really like the bolded.

Alas Babs won't put Marleau down to the fourth line unless Moore really starts to light it up, and that's still a stretch...

I also don't mind Kappy with Matthews/Nylander with Kadri either or Marleau going to the 4th line wing.

A lineup of:

Hyman-Tavares-Marner
Johnsson-Matthews-Kapanen
Moore-Kadri-Nylander
Marleau-Gauthier-Brown

Isn't bad either. The fourth line favours a heavier match up.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
I like the return for Lindholm. The fact we give Moore a long look, as Dubas just stated, is the real key to this deal. I have a feeling he's played his last game in the AHL and will provide us something positive come playoff time.

As an aside, Lindholm was a warm body on the PK, no loss in that department.

Reactions: Polaris1010

8816 others

Dec 3, 2012
Bowen Island, BC
I'd gloat about the sunshine and sweater weather here on the West Coast, but I will miss the first period due to work and commuting home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad