Pre-Game Talk: Sabres @ Jets Tue Dec 14

Status
Not open for further replies.

None

Feb 22, 2012
I wonder why there's no official word that Wheeler's gone on IR and that there isn't a forward call up. Beaulieu's probably playing in that 4th line LW spot tomorrow regardless of call up just because that's how Maurice works but it's strange that there's no call up.

PP units are apparently:
Connor-Copp-Scheifele-Dubois-Pionk
Ehlers-Stastny-Lowry-Morrissey-Schmidt

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I wonder why there's no official word that Wheeler's gone on IR and that there isn't a forward call up. Beaulieu's probably playing in that 4th line LW spot tomorrow regardless of call up just because that's how Maurice works but it's strange that there's no call up.

PP units are apparently:
Connor-Copp-Scheifele-Dubois-Pionk
Ehlers-Stastny-Lowry-Morrissey-Schmidt

Likely maximizing the cap. I guess we should hear about Blake from the Coach fairly soon.

Reactions: kanadalainen

None

Feb 22, 2012
Likely maximizing the cap. I guess we should hear about Blake from the Coach fairly soon.

I think it's unlikely to matter, I doubt there's any reasonable way to even spend Wheeler's entire IR cap space with call ups with only 3 roster spots available once Wheeler goes on IR. To maximize it they actually need another million dollar contract on the books anyway.

FonRiesen

Sep 28, 2017
Vancouver Island
Yikes, so my guess is they are trying to determine if surgery is necessary or not. He's likely getting a second opinion done.

Well rhe explanation as to why they haven't called anyone up makes perfect sense.
The silver lining is that it increases the chance of following the TB strategy if there's a surgery involved (and it means Wheeler would get better sooner, and not play "semi-injured" like he has historically done). What if we had a fresh Wheeler just in time for playoffs, plus his significant cap hit available to bring in a ringer for half a season?

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
The silver lining is that it increases the chance of following the TB strategy if there's a surgery involved (and it means Wheeler would get better sooner, and not play "semi-injured" like he has historically done). What if we had a fresh Wheeler just in time for playoffs, plus his significant cap hit available to bring in a ringer for half a season?

I guess my main concern would be if he needs surgery at his age will that have any lasting impact on his already reduced speed on the ice. I'm not sure he can really afford to lose another step and be effective.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
How is Chipman and or Chevy ok with this.

Honestly

How?

Maybe just maybe Beaulieu is helping the PK. I'd put Beaulieu on the top PK unit over Stanley after some of the PK goals Stanley has given up in the past two weeks, if anyone is really paying attention.

Reactions: The Big M

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
beaulieu revenge game. guy went from being a scratch in buffalo to top-pair here within a week, what a story.

Reactions: snowkiddin

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Beaulieu could be the power forward we are looking for..
Glug, glug....

7d is better anyways, because you have all these skill guys that would probably like to double shift. Also means the coach has to coach the bench, instead of just flipping over the same personnel shift after shift. Main thing for the Jets is don't give up more goals on special teams than you get, because that negates any 5 on 5 momentum.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Oh that’s horrible if he needs surgery, the backlogs are terrible.
That’s going to affect a good outcome.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
I guess my main concern would be if he needs surgery at his age will that have any lasting impact on his already reduced speed on the ice. I'm not sure he can really afford to lose another step and be effective.
Surgery at his age would be the death knell to his game.

Reactions: Jets 31
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln