SmartSelect_20231110_111252_Google.jpg

SmartSelect_20231110_111551_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20231110_111158_Instagram.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Weltschmerz

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Must win game, only for the reason that we need to get out in front of 500, we have been playing behind and its time to play ahead and up to the level needed to be a playoff contender.

I won't be surprised if this is a complete stinker tho as it seems with 2 days off or more that this team comes back in rest and relaxation mode.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Hopefully no one is so unaware of who is on the ice that they decide to challenge someone out of their class to a fight tonight. The Wild have a few guys who can tussle.

I'm also wondering if Bogo makes a difference for Minny or if as is tradition, he breaks something on his body while on Buffalo home ice. That would be so 2015, err 2016, err 2017, err 2018, err 2019 of him.

GrierIsGod123

Oct 22, 2009
Orchard Park

Wow…lots of news there. Let’s start the speculation on who sits tonight. I’d assume Rousek and Olofsson. If Tuch plays, I truly hope they sit Krebs and keep Jost in on the 4th line. He’s more of a play driver there and helps add some speed and smarts to that line. A much better fit and player.

Reactions: JLewyB

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Wow…lots of news there. Let’s start the speculation on who sits tonight. I’d assume Rousek and Olofsson. If Tuch plays, I truly hope they sit Krebs and keep Jost in on the 4th line. He’s more of a play driver there and helps add some speed and smarts to that line. A much better fit and player.

One other thing with Jost that they haven't completely beaten out of him? He at least tries to take himself and the puck to the net. There are few enough guys on the team who make that attempt that him doing it stands out.

Reactions: brian_griffin

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Need to start stringing some wins together at home so they get out of this mental state that they’re gripping their sticks super tight playing in front of our fans.
I believe they want so bad to get the fans back that they add pressure to themselves in the process causing lack of focus and trying to do too much rather than just getting their noses dirty and playing a strong north/south game like we saw against Carolina on Tuesday.

I haven't watched much of Minnesota this year, but they've always been a team that plays with a strong defensive system. If they're anything like years past- Buffalo will have to do some dirty work to win this game.

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
I believe they want so bad to get the fans back that they add pressure to themselves in the process causing lack of focus and trying to do too much rather than just getting their noses dirty and playing a strong north/south game like we saw against Carolina on Tuesday.

I haven't watched much of Minnesota this year, but they've always been a team that plays with a strong defensive system. If they're anything like years past- Buffalo will have to do some dirty work to win this game.
They haven't been great defensively so far. So a game against the Sabres should fix that right up. We have an incredible ability to get opposing goalies back on track.

Reactions: Dirty Dog

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
:cry:

Both my parents had it - my mom is 22 years cancer free thanks to Roswell. My dad was not so blessed and died of a heart attack while in the hospital. I've lost one of my best friends and so many relatives. I'm sure every single one of you sadly has experienced similar loss, as has this entire board. Didn't plan on getting emotional but here we are.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
They haven't been great defensively so far. So a game against the Sabres should fix that right up. We have an incredible ability to get opposing goalies back on track.

So funny. I like the Wild and always foot a little for them as my favorite team in the Western conference (lives in Minneapolis for years). That have not looked particularly great this year.

My only though has been “Sabres will be get them back on track”

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

Weirdly, the Wild have struggled defensively with some teams this year - a bit of iffy goaltending and a bit of missing Spurgeon on the back end. Rossi is in and playing well, so there is a little subplot there too. He's between Kaprizov and Zuccarello.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
So funny. I like the Wild and always foot a little for them as my favorite team in the Western conference (lives in Minneapolis for years). That have not looked particularly great this year.

My only though has been “Sabres will be get them back on track”

I sadly have had the same thought. Hoping they play well but almost expect them to allow themselves to be stifled and shut down.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I sadly have had the same thought. Hoping they play well but almost expect them to allow themselves to be stifled and shut down.
If this team is anything like last year- they'll follow up a gritty effort on the road against a contender with an absolute dud against an inferior team. Let's see if they've learned any lessons from last season.

One of those lesson is to stop the bleeding when a couple of losses hit. They had some nasty losing streaks last season. That being said, the depth on defense should help a lot with that issue.

Reactions: Mattilaus

HOOats

born Ruffian
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
Greenway should be pretty fired up for this one. I imagine Minnesota's front office has been muttering to themselves more than a few times checking in on him this year. Let's go 5-3 Sabres with Greenway, Skinner, Cozens, JJ, and Savoie.

Bobby Bottle Service

Win for Rick
Dec 15, 2005
Toronto
Sabres haven't done particularly well with games they *should* win.

This is one of those.

But I think the Sabres have turned a corner and will bring a confident (aka "direct") approach to this game. Minny will be playing with some desperation based on the loss last night, so the Sabres must be ready to play a full 60 min.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad