GDT: Sabres host Coyotes 7PM EST - TV:MSG - Radio:WGR550

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
Dominant win
Not nitpick, but i am not sure i would call this is a dominant win. Watching from the nosebleeds and it was a really disjointed game with a strange pace. a lot of bad passing and weird east-west cycles where both teams took turns fumbling possession. Hoping our next outing sees a bit more offensive zone time.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Did you watch Mitts this game? 3 straight shifts in the first period killed possession and caused turnovers, then took a penalty. The shooting % in unrealistically high for Mitts and still only has 6. Under 50 on the year is two per game, that is not good. Tage is a wildly better shooter so it should be high.

Don't get me wrong, Mitts is very solid defensively and a good player. The entire argument is that he is not good enough to be a top line player, and that I have no idea what Tage is doing on the wing still.

I did watch Mitts. He spent the bulk of the game centering Skinner/Peterka. While Tage spent the bulk of the game on Cozens wing. I may have missed it, but did we get treated to a multiple post tantrum about Cozens as a center because of that? Or do you save those for Mitts exclusively?

It’s pretty clear they don’t want Tage at center at the moment and its not because of Mitts. The most likely explanation is his injury not being 100% healed.

Your entire approach to this has been ridiculous from the start.

You were clearly mad Tage wasn’t going to be the top line center. For some bizarre reason you decided that was Mitts’ fault. So you came in guns blazing with a multiple post tantrum attacking not only the idea of him as a #1 center, but trashing him generally as a player. Which was weird, since no one was talking about Mitts at all, let alone as the #1 center.. But you very clearly wanted to argue about it.

Lastly, addressing your fixation with shots taken as the only thing you use to evaluate centers. I had no trouble undertanding what you were saying in your original post. It’s just a very weird and fairly useless way to go about evaluating centers. For reasons that should be obvious.

Last edited:
Reactions: HOOats and Dingo44

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad