GDT: Sabres host Coyotes 7PM EST - TV:MSG - Radio:WGR550

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
These Coyote announcers are the biggest Stan's, it's almost a shame our announcers don't shill for the team like they do. If you listened to them Carconey is the next superstar and if he didn't sign a two year contract this year he would command a lot 😂
It's a great story, no doubt. I love it when career AHLers get called up and have success.

But a 34.2% shooting percentage through 25 games is the very definition of "unsustainable".

Reactions: Fearnot

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX
2-2-1 I think

Still though. 3 game point streak!

you're right.

I gave them the win vs Nashville when we got goalied

Quinn/tuch back who sits? Robinson 100% deserves to be here, he’s our only net front presence

Best effort of the game

hate to say it, but Benson or Cozens. They are generating tons of chances, but need to produce. Maybe VO< but he has been producing as of late

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Same.
stitches from a slap shot over the eye hole of my mask, and stitches from catching a deflected slap shot on the top of my head, you’d have though i was an extra in a Stephen King movie with the blood.

Played two games without a full shield. Took a hard shot from the point, and it bounced off the for ward's shin into my lip. Looked down and saw blood on my jersey. Skated to the bench for a towel and they're looking at me like they are looking at a ghost. I'm like hand me a towel and they tell me I need to leave to go to the hospital - lip was ripped apart. I was just pissed to leave the game. Drove my manual car with one hand to Kenmore Mercy and had to come back the next morning for 27 stitches from a plastic surgeon. You can barely see the scar from where my lip was torn open.

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
You might want to hold off on calling posters dumb when the entire basis of your argument is the amount of shots taken. By that logic, Ovy is one of the best centers in the game. This may come as a shock, but playing center involves a lot more than shooting the puck.

Bringing up Mitts shooting % this year as if it’s a gotcha moment when Tage was at 16% last season is not much of argument either. Tage is at 11.7% this season btw.

Don’t quite understand the irrational rage over Mitts centering that line. Especially when Mitts and Tage’s skill sets complement each other very well.
Did you watch Mitts this game? 3 straight shifts in the first period killed possession and caused turnovers, then took a penalty. The shooting % in unrealistically high for Mitts and still only has 6. Under 50 on the year is two per game, that is not good. Tage is a wildly better shooter so it should be high.

Don't get me wrong, Mitts is very solid defensively and a good player. The entire argument is that he is not good enough to be a top line player, and that I have no idea what Tage is doing on the wing still.

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Did you watch Mitts this game? 3 straight shifts in the first period killed possession and caused turnovers, then took a penalty. The shooting % in unrealistically high for Mitts and still only has 6. Under 50 on the year is two per game, that is not good. Tage is a wildly better shooter so it should be high.

Don't get me wrong, Mitts is very solid defensively and a good player. The entire argument is that he is not good enough to be a top line player, and that I have no idea what Tage is doing on the wing still.
Because they don’t feel comfortable having him take face offs with his wrist / hand injury still.

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
Because they don’t feel comfortable having him take face offs with his wrist / hand injury still.
I would love to know what it is that allows him to flex the crap out of his stick for a slap shot but not take a faceoff.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
I would love to know what it is that allows him to flex the crap out of his stick for a slap shot but not take a faceoff.

Well, you're much less likely to have another player's stick hit your hands while taking a shot. Could be just them trying to limit avoidable contact to his hands/wrist.

Reactions: TageGod

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
The pressure is vastly different on a slapshot than when taking a faceoff. Plus, he hurt his top hand. That one is stressed a ton less on shots than the bottom hand. But, it gets used more on faceoffs, especially when you slide the top hand down the shaft and go with a motorcycle double overhand grip to draw it back on your backhand.

Reactions: TageGod

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad