Confirmed with Link: Sabres hire Jason Karmanos as Associate General Manager

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
I Like Krebs, and his upside. Tuch will give the team heart, a future captain ? L1/2 PP1 winger. Perhaps they can turn those picks into something.

We all know there were a lot of factors pushing this deal to get done. Just a thought that Karmanos doesn't like the setup or vibes here seeing his name has come up so soon, but its also nhl gm job too.
Or his name came up logically due to having worked for many years with Rutherford. Frequently the simple and obvious explanation is the correct one. No need for conspiracy theories.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I love how he frames this…. “Jason Karmanos, cause thats a name thats very much out there.”

Which tells us very little. How is his name out there? Are others in the hockey world speculating thats who Rutherford would ask? Or have the Nucks asked permission? Because those are two very different things.

After the Eichel saga I’m kind of exhausted by Friedman speak.

The way the conversation went, I think Marek as EF about Karmanos just because the first two names were guys that JR worked with in Pittsburgh. Marek thought that Karamanos might be off the radar because JR let Karmanos go. But, EF said that they had patched things up.

Those tweets about the episode weren't the best summation of the conversation, IMO.

And it was a lot of early speculation as it doesn't seem like Vancouver has even asked for permission to talk to anyone yet.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
The way the conversation went, I think Marek as EF about Karmanos just because the first two names were guys that JR worked with in Pittsburgh. Marek thought that Karamanos might be off the radar because JR let Karmanos go. But, EF said that they had patched things up.

Those tweets about the episode weren't the best summation of the conversation, IMO.
Thank you for clarifying. So it sounds like ideal speculation based on logical connections and not something brewing at the moment.

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
jump-to-conclusions-mat.jpg

Some of us have learned not to be naive with this team and it's owners. But I hope he stays, I believe he is a good influence to have and on KA, and he has done a good job with Rochester in one off season.

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
Or his name came up logically due to having worked for many years with Rutherford. Frequently the simple and obvious explanation is the correct one. No need for conspiracy theories.
C'mon Josh , you know this organization better than anyone.

If EF is throwing it out there someone told him something probbaly his partner in 32 seems plugged

Last edited:

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
C'mon Josh , you know this organization better than anyone.

If EF is throwing it out there someone told him something probbaly his partner in 32 is seems plugged

Did you listen to the podcast?

They were going through the Pittsburgh guys. Hunter was the only name they brought up under the contexts of hearing something.

Reactions: ValJamesDuex

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Did you listen to the podcast?

They were going through the Pittsburgh guys. Hunter was the only name they brought up under the contexts of hearing something.

Finally getting to listen to it now - had to walk the dog on lunch, so threw it on in the background while doing some work.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
What did Karmanos want? He is, after all, the subject at hand.

I Like Krebs, and his upside. Tuch will give the team heart, a future captain ? L1/2 PP1 winger. Perhaps they can turn those picks into something.

We all know there were a lot of factors pushing this deal to get done. Just a thought that Karmanos doesn't like the setup or vibes here seeing his name has come up so soon, but its also nhl gm job too.

Karmanos might leave. It won’t be because of the Eichel return.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Also, there is thread that Allvin and other members of the Pens staff may be shifting to the Canucks as well as possible on-ice personnel moves over on the trade board. Seems like the rumblings are more from Pittsburgh than anywhere else.

Reactions: ValJamesDuex

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I'm curious what they use for their data tracking in real time.

NHL's app puts live stats in coaches' hands

The coaches wanted to innovate the process, and the league listened. The SAP-NHL Coaching Insights App will begin appearing on coaches' iPads located at the benches and in the dressing rooms -- which are currently used for video replays -- as early as February.

NHL® to Deliver Next-Level Stats with SAP HANA Cloud

Hockey

It looks like they are working with both SMT for data collection and SAP for data flow.

NHL Deploys Analytics-Powered Graphics for Puck/Player Tracking in Live Broadcast

The NHL EDGE puck- and player-tracking system was developed closely in tandem with SMT. Most recently, the league has installed four 4K cameras in each of its 31 arenas. Two are positioned directly under the centerhung videoboards to provide a complete look at the offensive zone for sustained possessions in the zone, power plays, shootouts, etc. The other two are high up in the ends of each building, offering a view of the entire ice surface — a view preferred by coaches and other team-performance personnel.

Although the tracking system can essentially plot out its own charts and data sets, Lehanski says, the cameras are an essential part of the complete workflow.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad