Confirmed with Link: Sabres hire Jason Karmanos as Associate General Manager

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017

So if Karmanos is in charge of the Amerks, scouting, player development and analytics departments, what is Kevyn gonna do now?

Reactions: jc17

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I want more. This is hopefully just an appetizer.

Give me more experience, and less Pegula.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013

Just because someone's looking at numbers 1) doesn't mean they're good 2) doesn't mean they'll get used

Im not really holding my breath that this will be a turnaround for this organization and analytics. Do we have any more info on his role im Pittsburgh with this?

Reactions: Eichel9

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Just because someone's looking at numbers 1) doesn't mean they're good 2) doesn't mean they'll get used

Im not really holding my breath that this will be a turnaround for this organization and analytics. Do we have any more info on his role im Pittsburgh with this?

Relax. I’m laughing. It’s funny. It is not a commentary on anything

Last edited:

Rastin

Jul 14, 2004
OK, Someone make me feel better about this. I'm looking at player transactions during his tenure in Carolina and Pittsburgh and am NOT impressed. Nothing ROR trade bad but nothing great either. Other than having actual front office experience, why should I be excited about this?

Reactions: Bferra13

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
True. I just really want someone other than Kim to have the title :dunno:

Kim Pegula is President of the Sabres.. same position Ted Black and the guy from the Bill's had ( forget his name) ... it has nothing to do with on ice management of the team. It is the business side of the Sabres... so unless you have issues with sponsors of the team or ticket prices or events they hold im not sure why you are worried about Kim Pegula.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Relax. I’m laughing. It’s funny. It is not a commentary on anything
I'm relaxed, I'm just saying as a stats fan the gif isn't necessarily my reaction.

Im hoping to hear more about his role, and what direction he plans to take it.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
OK, Someone make me feel better about this. I'm looking at player transactions during his tenure in Carolina and Pittsburgh and am NOT impressed. Nothing ROR trade bad but nothing great either. Other than having actual front office experience, why should I be excited about this?
He's not making the trades, Adams is.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Be the guy in overall charge of hockey ops.

Adams has no experience. So he brought in a guy with a ton of it right below him.

Which literally describes military leaders at many level.

Eg: I commanded a basic training unit, and has zero experience in the basic training world (aside from going through it). My Command Sergeant Major was a drill sergeant and had been around basic training a lot. And I was just fine.

Sometimes being the leader is less to do with expertise and experience, and more to do with intelligence, moral courage, values, etc.

Rastin

Jul 14, 2004
Yeah, Adams has final say and all but it seems like he's being brought in as an talent assessment advisor. Seems like he held that role previously in both Carolina and Pittsburgh. Both those teams had mediocre, at best, drafting and trades during his tenure. I'm not running around saying the sky is falling or anything because of this hire. It's just very.... meh.

He's not making the trades, Adams is.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Jim Rutherford: "This is a really good choice. He's a very experienced assistant general manager. He knows the game, he knows the players, he knows the CBA, he knows contracts and he's going to be able to help in all area. This was a good hire for the Sabres."

Hot take: Karmanos is Hoke Colburn and Adams is Miss Daisy.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Isn't Karmanos a Greek name?

He's probably a Spartan. He'll kick the fan analytics nerds down and hole, because this is Sabres!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad