TBN: Sabres have a new friend in the locker room for this season also new inscription

SabresWinStanleyCup

Jun 12, 2017
High on the wall of the dressing room, above the door that leads to the video area, is a giant stuffed buffalo head. It's visible from everywhere inside the round room, and its dominating presence overlooks everything.

Housley declined to say who came up with the idea, but the stuffed buffalo is the latest in a line of locker-room oddities. Through the years, the Sabres have handed out a fake bird, white sport coat, metal sword and mink coat to their "player of the game."

There's also a new inscription in the dressing room, though it's not as obvious as the buffalo head. As the Sabres leave the room for the ice, they'll read, "Witness the power, Buffalo Sabres."

http://buffalonews.com/2017/09/18/sabres-desire-inspire-comes-head-stuffed-buffalo-head/

Taro Tsujimoto

Jan 6, 2009
Clarence Center, NY
It just covers a surveillance camera. Got to be on top of any locker room issues. The two eyes should actually be the camera lenses moving around.

I3EVrUU.jpg

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
I wonder why Housley won't reveal who came up with the idea.
so PETA doesn't go on the warpath.

This isn't it, but it's the twitter image referenced by Vogl that somehow had its watermarks shaken off.
e71B5zs.jpg

Last edited:

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011
Line on Jerry Sullivan trying to touch the Buffalo to **** off the players so Harrington or Gleason can write a piece on how locker room traditions are stupid and they just have to win games.

Over/Under : Last game before Christmas

I'm in for the under.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Indeed. :D

And we're probably three out of the four posters who would be old enough to know that. :laugh: :wally:

Lol!

It gets worse..... OGie and I are pretty sure we played HS hockey against each other back in the really old days!

Heck I remember seeing Genesis when Phil Collins was just the band's drummer! :D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad