Confirmed with Link: Sabres fire Amerks coach Chadd Cassidy and assistant John Wroblewski

DazedandConfused

thanks tips
Jul 30, 2013
Edmonton
Actually, his only surviving daughter plays ice hockey for Cornell in Ithaca, which is only an hour away from Binghamton. He's said before he doesn't really doesn't want to leave the area while she's there, which to me is not surprising after the trauma his family went through losing the other daughter. Although Rochester is only an extra 45 min further away, you never know if he thinks it's too far.

I'm well aware of his family situation, Ottawa has a pretty tight-knit hockey community, he also only saw Morgan play like 3 times last year anyways.

All he's done in terms of becoming an NHL coach is throw his name in the ring, I doubt there's going to be a long list of teams seriously considering him because he doesn't want to be an assistant again either.

Bps21*

I think we should all be done explaining to him why a coach who is interviewing for an NHL job won't become your AHL coach.

I know I'm done reading about it. Into the ignore zone go you.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Not unsurprising.

Now does Murray actually try to stock some AHL talent to build around down there or not is the next question.

Sabretip

Jan 13, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
What's the timeline for hiring an AHL coach, do we have to wait until July 1?

I would think it depends on whether the replacement Murray wants to hire is under contract to another team or not.

I hope it doesn't go this way but suppose Richardson gets hired for the Sabres' job, maybe his assistant in Binghamton (Steve Stirling, the former NYI coach) gets the head coaching job in Rochester.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
I gotta think the NHL coach and staff comes first and AHL coach is hired with the new NHL coach involved in the process

Tapu Coco

Jan 23, 2013
WNY
A lot of posters around here that follow the amerks more closely had a very negative opinion of him. Why exactly was that? Don't keep up with the amerks as much as I should

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
A lot of posters around here that follow the amerks more closely had a very negative opinion of him. Why exactly was that? Don't keep up with the amerks as much as I should
He's just not head coach material for a pro league. He was in over his head and I feel bad for the position Regier put him in. He and Rolston had styles much more suited to stay with the US development team. You can't really complain too much about the growth the players had under him but his in game coaching was abysmal.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
But anyway, for real regarding Richardson. It's really not outlandish to believe he could come to Rochester. Depends on who we hire and of course if anyone offers Richardson an NHL gig. If no one does, and we hire someone like Murray that could be out within a few years, definitely reasonable for Richardson to move from Binghamton to Rochester to put himself in a bette position for a head coaching job. Don't see it happening if we get an all star though.

DazedandConfused

thanks tips
Jul 30, 2013
Edmonton
Where did it say that?

The only thing I saw in there from Luke was that he wasn't interested in being an assistant coach, even at the NHL level.

It doesn't say a damn thing about it at all. Is it going to happen? Who knows, but I'd think it's more likely he coaches in Rochester then Buffalo off the bat if he comes to our organization.

I think it'd be a good fit.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
It doesn't say a damn thing about it at all. Is it going to happen? Who knows, but I'd think it's more likely he coaches in Rochester then Buffalo off the bat if he comes to our organization.

I think it'd be a good fit.

Why would it be more likely he coaches the Amerks than the Sabres? Not saying you're wrong just curious what your reasoning is.

DazedandConfused

thanks tips
Jul 30, 2013
Edmonton
Why would it be more likely he coaches the Amerks than the Sabres? Not saying you're wrong just curious what your reasoning is.

I don't have any serious conclusive reasoning really. I just don't think Murray would want to bring him in to crash and burn in the bigs with a very likely young team. He's a guy Murray trusts and we're going to be having a ton of kids coming into the system through Rochester in the next few years who we hope to be solid contributors on the parent team.

Someone mentioned today either in this thread or the coaching thread to bring in Richardson as the potential placeholder/stopgap coach for 2-3 years. I think it'd be better to have him as the guy replacing the placeholder in 2-3 years. Let him be our own Blashill in a round about way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad