Confirmed with Link: Sabres fire Amerks coach Chadd Cassidy and assistant John Wroblewski

Rhett4

Buffalo Selects Jack
Jul 9, 2002
Amerks #ROC
As a regular Amerks attendee and Sabres optimist, I applaud the move. (My grievances are well documented on other threads.) I feel bad that a man lost his job, but the entire organization is better for it.

ZeroPT*

As a regular Amerks attendee and Sabres optimist, I applaud the move. (My grievances are well documented on other threads.) I feel bad that a man lost his job, but the entire organization is better for it.

Its a shame. Most players that were brought up never truly disappointed. They all seemed ready for the bigd and I feel like he had a part in that.

The results though, were inexcusable.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Even if Chadd did a better job this would still make sense. You want to establish some sort of synergy between the Sabres and Rochester coaching staffs. The next Amerks coach should have some level of overlap with the next Sabres coach. Not to mention it was always assumed Murray was going to want his own guy coaching Rochester considering how much he stresses development as a key to team-building.

DazedandConfused

thanks tips
Jul 30, 2013
Edmonton
Common sense.

How is it common sense?

It's not like his family lives in Binghamton, he's not under contract, Buffalo has a flurry of good young players coming in, he's good friends with Tim and might want to work with him even if it's not in an NHL job, he'll get paid alot more in this organization then he will with Ottawa.

Your telling me you wouldn't take the same job title if it included better pay and your family wasn't settled in your current home base anyways.

gallagt01

Jun 10, 2006
Sloan
I feel bad for Chadd, who I feel was in over his head from the start, but this is the correct move.

Curious to see what kind of coach they bring in.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Would love if they could steal Phil Housley though not sure if he would leave a NHL assistant gig for a AHL job.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
By all accounts he's a pretty awesome guy but the AHL isn't just about developing individual players anymore. It's about developing them as a team for the next level. I think individually many of the prospects developed fine but that's expected of guys with NHL potential. The problem is the team was terrible even when healthy. There needs to be a system in place for both the farm club and the NHL team.

DazedandConfused

thanks tips
Jul 30, 2013
Edmonton
Says him. He said it in the Freidman article. He's only interested if the NHL comes calling

25. Luke Richardson, long linked to Tim Murray in Buffalo, said last weekend he is ready to listen if NHL teams are interested in his coaching services.

Not exactly what he said, unless there's a another article.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
25. Luke Richardson, long linked to Tim Murray in Buffalo, said last weekend he is ready to listen if NHL teams are interested in his coaching services.

Not exactly what he said, unless there's a another article.

I'm pretty sure I read he is only interested in a Head Coaching position not an Assistant Coach position ..

zbubble

Jul 29, 2005
How is it common sense?

It's not like his family lives in Binghamton, he's not under contract, Buffalo has a flurry of good young players coming in, he's good friends with Tim and might want to work with him even if it's not in an NHL job, he'll get paid alot more in this organization then he will with Ottawa.

Your telling me you wouldn't take the same job title if it included better pay and your family wasn't settled in your current home base anyways.

Actually, his only surviving daughter plays ice hockey for Cornell in Ithaca, which is only an hour away from Binghamton. He's said before he doesn't really doesn't want to leave the area while she's there, which to me is not surprising after the trauma his family went through losing the other daughter. Although Rochester is only an extra 45 min further away, you never know if he thinks it's too far.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad