TBN: Sabres' Eichel Wasn't telling...

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010
It's not the booing, it's the fan reaction to Jack's interview. People on twitter calling him a diva, and Mike Schopp **** on him pretty wretchedly last night. It's just gross how poorly many of us in the Sabres community treat our stars.

Edit: I'm not saying we should kiss their *****, but for god's sake, the kid was being emotional about getting booed? Good! I'd rather have it get him and ignite him that have booing roll of his back like it's nothing.

Sorry but Schopp is a joke. He does acts like this all the time. He's pompous, arrogant, and self aggrandizing. I listen bc it's the only local radio, but if WGR knows what's good for it, they'll ditch him. Idc if they have Bulldog do it by himself or bring in the interns, or Cappacio (who I actually don't mind). But Schopp is a joke, he likes to hear himself talk. He just aggravates me so much.

the worst part is that the guys on the radio, collectively misuse stats as many here have pointed out. Bulldog will admit he doesn't know what he's taking about. But the Kulikov/Pysyk hate, this with Eichel (sorry, he's 20, he doesn't like getting booed, he let his emotions spill over, it happens, in not offended).

The problem to me is this city seems to sit on this high horse "well if the teams don't win they better praise the fans at every step". These guys do so much for the community in terms of charity work, donations, time spent with the ill, I'm just done with this city's overreacting to the slightest of slights...

And also, I am a season ticket holder, I pay my hard earned money to buy those tickets. Doesn't mean I'm offended bc he's pissed st people who booed.

He wants to win.

Not Sure

Feb 8, 2016
Buffalo
Stopped reading at first mention of Schopp, dudes a narcissistic hack who thinks his thoughts on any subject are the end all be all.

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010
Stopped reading at first mention of Schopp, dudes a narcissistic hack who thinks his thoughts on any subject are the end all be all.

You're a better person than I am then. I just saw his name and my eyes went red, because I heard the first 5 minutes of his comments about this issue yesterday, and it was such a joke

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011
It's not the booing, it's the fan reaction to Jack's interview. People on twitter calling him a diva, and Mike Schopp **** on him pretty wretchedly last night. It's just gross how poorly many of us in the Sabres community treat our stars.

Edit: I'm not saying we should kiss their *****, but for god's sake, the kid was being emotional about getting booed? Good! I'd rather have it get him and ignite him that have booing roll of his back like it's nothing.

So you're expecting reasoned discourse from social media or Schopp?

Might want to rethink that.

Waterfowlist

Aug 9, 2012
I listened to 15 minutes of the afternoon show with schopp the dope and decided I'll now spend my drive home listening to pandora. They guy doesn't have a clue and isn't even interesting to listen to.

The morning shows are pretty good though. Enjoy listening to them while I sit at my desk.

Dec 8, 2013
Monte Carlo
Quintessential example of 24/7 media stirring up something out of nothing.

Couldn't care in the slightest about booing, Eichel's reaction to it, anyone's opinion on it.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
I listened to 15 minutes of the afternoon show with schopp the dope and decided I'll now spend my drive home listening to pandora. They guy doesn't have a clue and isn't even interesting to listen to.

The morning shows are pretty good though. Enjoy listening to them while I sit at my desk.

Good move. Now just fight the urge to ever listen to it again.

I wish more had your epiphany.

Not Sure

Feb 8, 2016
Buffalo
Good move. Now just fight the urge to ever listen to it again.

I wish more had your epiphany.

I used to listen every day, and I'll still listen when Bulldog is in alone, but schopp is like a cancer on Buffalo sports. His incessant whining and need to be the most intelligent person in any discussion grates on my last nerve. Anyone who doesn't agree or doesn't want to talk about what he wants is treated like an idiot or hung up on like he's some magnanimous figure in Buffalo sports that needs to approve of you speaking on any subject. He'll bring up something like the 17 year playoff drought then when someone calls with an opinion talks down to them and says how tired he is of talking about it. the guy hung up on Terry Pagula for Christ's sake then complains how he never gets ownership to talk to their show.

I'd rather listen to TSN for my hockey fix now, and they're pretty horrible as well, but at least there's occasional useful info and actual discussion. Schopp reminds me of that kid in school who was never any good at sports but knew what everyone else is doing wrong and how to fix it.

Dogewow

Such Profile
Feb 1, 2015

You really think it's any different in other cities with other teams? There are always ******* fans and media pundits that say stupid crap on twitter, radio, tv, what have you. Who cares? Jack is a professional and needs to ignore the petty, stupid stuff. Those clowns on WGR are always gonna do their thing.

I don't see this as an issue. People are concerned that stuff like this will drive him out of town when his contract is up, but I don't believe that.

And as for the bolded, I can do without players making comments about things like being booed when you play ******. It's trivial **** that will happen in any professional sport, and players should be worried about other things in my opinion. Unless they're asked about it and their response is "yeah we played awful, I don't blame them for booing", or "they pay money, they can do what they want".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad