GDT: Sabres @ Devils, 7 PM, MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
The rumor is he’s going to sign his Qualifying Offer for 3m so he can be a UFA in a year. That means he’ll make the decision himself unless he gets traded at the draft before that happens.
Not sure we should read too much into that although it’s possible.
1 I think it would be weird for Zacha and his agent to decide that so long before it’s necessary. Well before the season was even close to over with so much time for lots to happen including contract negotiations. Like were we even more than half way through the season when that rumour came out?
2 it’s just a rumour.
3 given the timing of it, it may have just been his agent trying to put some pressure on the devils to trade him before the deadline.

Or it could just be true. But it should probably be taken with a grain of salt.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Not sure we should read too much into that although it’s possible.
1 I think it would be weird for Zacha and his agent to decide that so long before it’s necessary. Well before the season was even close to over with so much time for lots to happen including contract negotiations. Like were we even more than half way through the season when that rumour came out?
2 it’s just a rumour.
3 given the timing of it, it may have just been his agent trying to put some pressure on the devils to trade him before the deadline.

Or it could just be true. But it should probably be taken with a grain of salt.
It was definitely about pressuring the team to trade him and I assume the pressure isn’t going away.

Reactions: Captain3rdLine

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
Agreed. Isles are actually worse than Rangers fans in our arena, at least from my more recent experience.

There was one Buffalo guy in the beginning of the game (1st period), but he got muffled out quickly. I didn't hear a lot of Buafflo going, mostly Devils fans booing and complaining bout our shitty PP lol. But they weren't necessarily filling the arena at all. I think these two fanbases are so passive now, no one gives a hoot at the moment.
Had more than few by us most were respectful....Lot more hate between us and the rags and the asslanders suck too no love lost there either

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
It was definitely about pressuring the team to trade him and I assume the pressure isn’t going away.
possibly but it’s not like it’s ever been reported that he wants out. It wouldn’t surprise me but we don’t actually have any clue if he really does.

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
Zacha is just an enigma....Ton of talent if he played as hard as Mercer or Johnsson he would be way better....Maybe the right coach can get it out of him or a change of scenery who knows but you have to tender him and get something for him

Guttersniped

Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Had more than few by us most were respectful....Lot more hate between us and the rags and the asslanders suck too no love lost there either

Rangers are my most hated team but I hated Flyer fans more for years and years. I was pretty neutral to the Islanders in the past.

The recent success of the Islanders have made them completely insufferable, and even this crap season hasn’t hasn’t doused the douche flames. They seem to feel like they have to be Super Fans or something and prove their love by being ridiculously loud all the time even though it’s f***ing rude as visiting fans.

The Rangers fans just cheer goals, suck their goalies’ dicks and shit talk us. Same old same old.

Guttersniped

Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Zacha is just an enigma....Ton of talent if he played as hard as Mercer or Johnsson he would be way better....Maybe the right coach can get it out of him or a change of scenery who knows but you have to tender him and get something for him

He got really physical at times this game, it was kind of jarring to see it lol. It was also effective. Alas…

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
The worst part is that he belongs at the NHL level. He's a very talented player and not dumb by any means. But he's on track to be one of my least favorite Devils ever. It's super annoying because, on paper, he's exactly what we're all looking for next to Nico or Jack.

I wish I could give him the heart and brain of Elias.

vtdevils2k

"Lets Go Baby!"
Dec 16, 2013
Virginia
Havent watched a game since Hughes went down...been following a bit.....happy with Nico and some others...but damn do I miss watching Hughes out there.....we have GOT to be better next year...

No idea what we do with the goaltending. Wouldnt be surprised if we roll with Blackwood and someone else. Who else is out there that is considered an upgrade and realistic?

If this were the NFL, I'd expect Vasilevskiy for our 1st this year lol

vtdevils2k

"Lets Go Baby!"
Dec 16, 2013
Virginia
Typically Zacha is the one putting up the garbage points to inflate his stats at the end of the year...hes not really doing that though....change of scenery is needed. It's time to move on.

Reactions: NjdevilfanJim

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
I will say Sabres fans are very nice and low key, sort of the mirror opposite of Isles fans who are are always trying to be as loud as possible and screaming their brains out over everything.

The Sabre fans waited until the very end of the game to start a “Let’s Go Buffalo” chant, in an very exceedingly polite manner.

They could have done it earlier, and the home crowd was so annoyed I don’t even know if they would have counter chanted that much. But they waited until a lot of Devils fans were gone or leaving.

Again Isles fans never shut the f*** up, they act like they’re in their home arena. Even this year, with their team out of the playoffs and therefore way fewer of their fans at Devils games, the Isles fans still acted the exact same way. They’re the worst. Seriously, Flyers fans are even better at this point.

well that's good......at least they weren't actively cheering AGAINST their own team

Last edited:

DVision44

Nov 30, 2017
I went to see Chris Rock so I had to record the game. Just watched from the 2nd period on... it was almost as funny as the comedy show... I love the Devils but the powerplay, goaltending, coaching and Pavel Zacha are a cruel joke!

Reactions: Clam Jensen

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
I went to see Chris Rock so I had to record the game. Just watched from the 2nd period on... it was almost as funny as the comedy show... I love the Devils but the powerplay, goaltending, coaching and Pavel Zacha are a cruel joke!
Zacha was actually good for most of the game.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
It has been horrible this year no doubt hopefully they respond accordingly not panic and do something stupid....Fitz doesn't strike me as that kind of guy but you never know. It's going to be one of his biggest challenges yet....
the most stupid thing would be to bring back hammond and gillies and trade blackwood.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
People are so caught up in Dougie being affected because of his 2 injuries and the fishbowl that they just conveniently forget that he was really good at the start of the season.
No, he wasn't.

The power play, which he was supposed to fix, was equally dreadful at the beginning of the year.

Banging shots off the glass and getting caught out of position has nothing to do with injury or wearing a face mask.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
There hasn’t been a good goal against Hammond yet. All 4 have been mistakes. He made some tough stops but it’s like lack of concentration or something that’s cost him 4 times. Flukey plays okay but easy stops if you are focused at those moments, I would have thought.

Usually appreciate your comments but this one is way off base.

With the exception of the Okposo flub (the kind of mental lapse that even the best of goalies make - just happens), the other four were scored within five feet of his crease. One of the goals coming on a rebound AFTER he stopped the initial breakaway.

Have a far bigger issue with the Zachas, Hamiltons, and Subbans getting paid a heckuva lot more than Hammond.

Reactions: Camille the Eel
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad