GDT: Sabres @ Devils, 7 PM, MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dylan9z9

May 16, 2012
Rockaway, NJ
PP undoubtedly sucks. Coaching also has nothing to do with that first goal.
That particular play (which Ruff blamed on Zacha) but the horrid Power Play in general and and leading the league in giving up short handed goals has everything to do with coaching🙂

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012

1650593572044.png

Camille the Eel

Perhaps it’s not out of place to say a word about Buffalo tonight finishing the season not looking like the perennial joke that they’ve seemed to be for as long as I remember in the period since our glory faded.

While I thought we should have beaten them or stood toe to toe with them if Bratt scores that open net and Hammond . . . Hmm . . . That’s a good young core they are developing there and a far different team than they’ve had in a long time. Cousins, Thompson, Dahlin, the new kid from Michigan, Jokiharu and some others . . . That’s a talented and entertaining young bunch. They’ve got some size too.

I expect that our young core and theirs are going to be battling out for the next decade as the kids develop and that tonight may be a bit of a window on an interesting and developing rivalry.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Just got back from this debacle result.

That first PP miss was really a bummer in hindsight, however I wouldn't say that was what cost the game, lol (Ruff!). The utter debacle of the SH goals allowed is the kicker. From my angle I couldn't see the puck flutter, but it either way that was horrible goal, flutter or no flutter, and same one bad angle 30 seconds later was even worse. I was wondering if we were going to let buffalo tie that record that boston set or whatever, where they scored 3 SH goals in the same PP. It came *this* close.

Crowd got loud for Boq and Nikita at least. his shot was a rocket.

This team has to have the worst shot percentage in the league. There were so many missed golden opportunities (story of the season offensively). Bratt, Zacha, Tatar, Nico, Kuok, and a few others had some really juicy chances to get ahead or break even.

I mean, Hammond looked good in the 1st period, (continuing from prior game), but then the wheels fell off.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Was there. They did.
Sweet! But it was audible on TV back in December when they were doing it.

It may have been audible tonight, but all I could think about was Mad Cow Disease and I might have missed them.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Tonight was the perfect opportunity for the crowd to fire up another ''Fire Recchi'' chant like they did back in December.

We have no more energy. Its just passive acceptance at this rate. The PP is the worst i've ever witnessed in a long time. Its just so bad. How we will survive next season if nothing changes.

Reactions: Bleedred

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
I’ve never seen anything like the goaltending this year. Anyone who’s played somewhat competitive hockey knows how f***ing deflating it is then your goalies give up softy after softy. It has 100% affected the play of the guys in front of them.
It has been horrible this year no doubt hopefully they respond accordingly not panic and do something stupid....Fitz doesn't strike me as that kind of guy but you never know. It's going to be one of his biggest challenges yet....

Reactions: Devs3cups

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Exactly. We really shouldn’t be drafting in the top 10 this year. We’re being greedy lol
I don't think it is greedy when we knew we are out of the playoffs by the beginning of December and know it will be at the very least October 2022 before we can watch a Devils game of any consequence. That sucks. It would lessen the blow if I knew we are getting Slafkovsky of one of the RHD at least.
Oh well . Heres to some good luck coming our way and we end up with a stud player that helps us get back to the promise land.

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
It has been horrible this year no doubt hopefully they respond accordingly not panic and do something stupid....Fitz doesn't strike me as that kind of guy but you never know. It's going to be one of his biggest challenges yet....
The thing is no matter what it will likely be better than this season. It can’t really be any worse. It’s really all about how much Fitz wants to do with it or how aggressive he wants to be. Worse case we go into the season With Daws and healthy Blackwood as our tandem. That wouldn’t be ideal and I’d say it’s unlikely but even that should be significantly better than what we’ve gotten most of this season. Obviously an injury or two and then all of the sudden we could be in a similar spot again.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
We have no more energy. Its just passive acceptance at this rate. The PP is the worst i've ever witnessed in a long time. Its just so bad. How we will survive next season if nothing changes.
I have hope that Fitz will finally let Recchi go. He said after last season that the PP was a major issue that sunk them for the season . He HAS to finally address the issue. The core is not going anywhere so the only other option is to shit can him or go balls out and add a stud PP player but thats not going to happen nor should it. We have most of the pieces in place. A #1 elite D in Hamilton ( imn sure he will be back to his normal self next year) , a PPG Bratt , a 100+ point Hughes , etc. We have trhe skill to have a good PP , just need the right coach

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I don’t blame Ruff for not throwing Hammond under the bus. He’s probably just getting tired of it he’s had to already do it in two of his four games before tonight’s.

I’m very glad he threw Zacha under the bus and singled him out.

Just don’t tender him this off-season, I’ve f***in had it with him.

It’s gonna hurt though when we have to suffer through watching him have his first 40 point season with another team.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Reactions: HersheyBob27

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
I don’t blame Ruff for not throwing Hammond under the bus. He’s probably just getting tired of it he’s had to already do it in two of his four games before tonight’s.

It’s gonna hurt though when we have to suffer through watching him have his first 40 point season with another team.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Not tendering Zacha would be dumb. Someone will give you something for him. Zacha's not hitting 40 pts unless he's given WAY more opportunity then he deserves. The guy cannot produce at 5v5 and isn't a great PP producer.

Reactions: MakoSlade

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Zacha was actually good this game apart from that. And he put up 35 in 50 last season which is well over a 40 point pace and is playing at a 40 point pace this season. I think it’s time to move on but he definitely should and definitely will be tendered. It would be stupid and make no sense not to. Let’s trade if there’s a deal that makes sense. But he’s not useless and shouldn’t be thrown away.

Reactions: NjdevilfanJim
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad