GDT: Sabres @ Coyotes - Mullet Arena - 9PM EST TV:MSG Radio:WGR550

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
This team will never win two in a row again.

Also, anyone else disappointed in Dahlin this season? He has his flashes, but he's not close to elite. Annoying given the salary he's making. I had higher expectations for him. He's never going to be the defenseman I'd hope he'd become. He looked it for a while last season, but Ive lost faith. Just not consistent enough.
Think it’s fair to say he’s been inconsistent but I’d like to see more competent coaching and management before making a final verdict

Reactions: sabremike

Kevbeau

Sponsor
Jul 11, 2006

Also, anyone else disappointed in Dahlin this season? He has his flashes, but he's not close to elite. Annoying given the salary he's making. I had higher expectations for him. He's never going to be the defenseman I'd hope he'd become. He looked it for a while last season, but Ive lost faith. Just not consistent enough.
I agree but I think he’s playing hurt

Sign me up for a taskmaster coach, no more vibes

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
It was a bad pass, but there's no one at blame for that goal but UPL. Just idiotic

It was a needless unforced turnover that put UPL in a situation that he fumbled terribly. But it does very much have bearing on the outcome of that play. He set the table for Luukkonen to serve up the shit sandwich.

Reactions: Daz28

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Torterella has Ristolainen playing defense. Granato can’t get anyone but Zach Benson to show up more than one game at a time.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

He's been terrible in his own zone again tonight for sure.

Reactions: Fearnot

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX

He never was that type of player. The pre draft hype was over the top based upon a below average SEL season (yes, it was good for a 17 year old, but it wasn't what one would expect from anyone generational).

Dahlin is what he is, a solid to elite #1 defenseman, but not generational

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I'd give them a pass for looking tired in the 3rd on a 3 in 4 westcoast trip, but I used up all my 'passes' in the first month of the season.

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
Once teams start standing us up at the line and interfering with forwards trying to chip/chase and forecheck then we are done. We have zero answer for that going back to next year.

Reactions: Steddy33

KeyserSoze81

Mar 1, 2007
Rochester, NY
I really like the game that the Coyotes play. The Sabres play a very stupid game aside from Benson and Middlestadt. Maybe Jokiharju too, he continues to be solid. I don’t like Power’s game, and Dahlin is off.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
He never was that type of player. The pre draft hype was over the top based upon a below average SEL season (yes, it was good for a 17 year old, but it wasn't what one would expect from anyone generational).

Dahlin is what he is, a solid to elite #1 defenseman, but not generational
what the f***?

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
He's been terrible in his own zone again tonight for sure.
Too nonchalant. That 2nd Colorado go comes to mind. It just sucks. He was on fire the first half of last season, but I cant expect that play from him consistently.

I still remember how stoked I was to get 'the Datsyuk hands mixed with the Lidstrom IQ' of the draft. He's no where close to generational, and Im legit frustrated by some of the lazy mistakes he seemingly makes.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
I really like the game that the Coyotes play. The Sabres play a very stupid game aside from Benson and Middlestadt. Maybe Jokiharju too, he continues to be solid. I don’t like Power’s game, and Dahlin is off.
Robinson-Krebs-Okposo has been fine as well. Even the GA1 Okposo was doing the right thing peeling off for a change to maintain the offensive pressure. You're not expecting to get much offense from them though...

Reactions: Chainshot

sabresfan129103

1-4-6-14
Apr 10, 2006
Amherst, NY
I agree Dahlin hasn't looked good, but so many other players look great once they're traded away from this organization. I wonder how Dahlin would look on another team with competent coaching and management.

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017

Young players are inconsistent :dunno:. We knew this is what we signed up to watch when the plan was put in place, the path uphill is not a linear one.

That being said, I've wondered all year if Dahlin, Cozens, and Sammy are subconsciously gripping the stick tighter because they're trying to justify those deals on every shift. Young players can press when signing their first big deals...

Ehran

Sponsor
Feb 2, 2019
Texas
IMO Dahlin is trying too hard to justify his new contract.

He needs to relax a bit and not try to do everything himself. Which we've seen way too often lately.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad