GDT: Sabres @ Coyotes - Mullet Arena - 9PM EST TV:MSG Radio:WGR550

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
UPL's blunder was the turning point in this game... The offense could've performed better but UPL was the only guy that didn't play last night.

You can't put your team in that position on a back to back.

Wasn't R johnsons best game either..
The offense performed zero goals. That will always win you zero games. I suppose they just performed through 2 and 1/2 periods waiting for UPL to give them their excuse?

Steddy33

Jan 7, 2012
I wonder how many times we said this stuff about Eichel/RoR teams only for them to move on and win cups. The problems are, and remain, the organization itself. There is no standard. There is now repercussions for failure. The coach wouldn’t be a head coach on any other nhl team. the GM wouldn’t be hired by any other franchise for that job. Until there is a commitment to winning from the top down….this will never change. It’s why Pegula’s 13th full season as owner will be the 13th year of the drought.

His outright refusal to hire an experienced hockey man to run this show is why we are here. It’s why we’ve been here. It’s why we will remain here.
I know nobody wants to admit it but this is absolutely a top down problem with the organization.

And before Bills blah blah blah, NFL is not the same. The Bills have a generational talent at the position that has no equivalent in hockey.

The biggest problem with admitting the Sabres woes are top down is admitting we are going to continue to lose forever because ownership is the one thing you can't easily change.

Reactions: sabremike

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
When you going to go after the players actually shitting the bed that matter?
Thompson sucking. Dahlin sucking. Power sucking. Cozens sucking. Tuch suxking.
I’m sorry...is your opinion that I’ve been too easy on this team?

Can we at least have some uniformity in why i get called out after every game?

Maybe I’m just smart enough to realize that when every good player on your team plays poorly…the problem is the game they’re being asked to play.

Im not going to make Tage and Dahlin and Powe and Cozens and Tuch good again by pointing out they’re playing bad now. They play better by hiring a real coach and surrounding them with a better team. These are the guys we know can be good. So why aren’t they? And why does no one care that people who have never shown they can be good at their job like Granato and Adams…or shot players dragging them into the mud…continue to do so.

Moved on from enough great players saying they’re lazy or bad or whatever we said. Watched them take off in a real organization. I’m done with that.

I want to be the real f***ing organization.

ones that don’t commit over 8 million dollars for leadership and then have a leaderless team. Ones that don’t employ unqualified people in power. If you think running Dahlin and Power out of town is the answer…enjoy their cup parades.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011

Maybe I’m just smart enough to realize that when every good player on your team plays poorly…the problem is the game they’re being asked to play.

Im not going to make Tage and Dahlin and Powe and Cozens and Tuch good again by pointing out they’re playing bad now. They play better by hiring a real coach and surrounding them with a better team. These are the guys we know can be good. So why aren’t they? And why does no one care that people who have never shown they can be good at their job like Granato and Adams…or shot players dragging them into the mud…continue to do so.

Moved on from enough great players saying they’re lazy or bad or whatever we said. Watched them take off in a real organization. I’m done with that.

ones that don’t commit over 8 million dollars for leadership and then have a leaderless team. Ones that don’t employ unqualified people in power. If you think running Dahlin and Power out of town is the answer…enjoy their cup parades.
I'll accept that answer.

That's fair.

Ehran

Sponsor
Feb 2, 2019
Texas
I know nobody wants to admit it but this is absolutely a top down problem with the organization.

And before Bills blah blah blah, NFL is not the same. The Bills have a generational talent at the position that has no equivalent in hockey.

The biggest problem with admitting the Sabres woes are top down is admitting we are going to continue to lose forever because ownership is the one thing you can't easily change.
Eh, lots of people on this board are quite willing to admit that ownership is/has/will be the problem.

Just, as you said, nothing anybody can do about it.

CaliSabresfan24

Aug 21, 2021
San Jose,CA
The offense performed zero goals. That will always win you zero games. I suppose they just performed through 2 and 1/2 periods waiting for UPL to give them their excuse?
When you're busting your ass and looking like the better team at that point and your goalie fumble f***s the puck like that, it can be a pretty big blow to your confidence.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY

The observation earlier in this thread about how Tortz turned Risto into a useful player says it all. That's what happens when you have a quality coach behind the bench. When you employ guys no other NHL team would've ever hired you get a neverending dumpster fire.

Reactions: Deep Blue Metallic

Ehran

Sponsor
Feb 2, 2019
Texas
When you busting your ass and looking like the better team at that point and your goalie fumble f***s the puck like that, it can be a pretty big blow to your confidence.
True, but it shouldn't cost you the game. It wasn't UPL's fuk-up that kept the offense from scoring even a single goal.

And if the team's mentality is so fragile that just one setback costs an entire game....

CaliSabresfan24

Aug 21, 2021
San Jose,CA
True, but it shouldn't cost you the game. It wasn't UPL's fuk-up that kept the offense from scoring even a single goal.

And if the team's mentality is so fragile that just one setback costs an entire game....
I agree but unfortunately that's where this team is at right now.

Steddy33

Jan 7, 2012
Eh, lots of people on this board are quite willing to admit that ownership is/has/will be the problem.

Just, as you said, nothing anybody can do about it.
I also see a ridiculous amount of excuses given to this organization daily on this board

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co

I've said it of late on this board and will repeat.... the problem (incompetence, peter principle, etc.) starts at the top and proceeds downhill through the GM to the coaching staff.

Granato has taken them as far as he is able to. A change is necessary. But nothing will happen. Meanwhile the players will continue to regress.

Vito_81

Jul 23, 2006
Toronto
CBJ next needs to be a W.

TOR,NYR and BOS after that will be tough.

However from that point on the schedule lightens up and is packed with winnable games until Feb. CBJ and OTT to close out Dec
11 games in Jan and other than the LA and VAN, the rest are there for the taking.

The season can still be saved with a nice run coming up. And while they don’t appear to be capable, the schedule at least has me a little optimistic.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
CBJ next needs to be a W.

TOR,NYR and BOS after that will be tough.

However from that point on the schedule lightens up and is packed with winnable games until Feb. CBJ and OTT to close out Dec
11 games in Jan and other than the LA and VAN, the rest are there for the taking.

The season can still be saved with a nice run coming up. And while they don’t appear to be capable, the schedule at least has me a little optimistic.
Unfortunately we are the winnable game on their schedule.

CaliSabresfan24

Aug 21, 2021
San Jose,CA
I've said it of late on this board and will repeat.... the problem (incompetence, peter principle, etc.) starts at the top and proceeds downhill through the GM to the coaching staff.

Granato has taken them as far as he is able to. A change is necessary. But nothing will happen. Meanwhile the players will continue to regress.
Yup, this approach of giving players and coaches long term contracts is going to come back and bit them in the ass. It already is with Donny's contract which is why they will never can him..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad