Sabres concessions. New pricing schemes.

sabresfan129103

1-4-6-14
Apr 10, 2006
Amherst, NY
Why must we eat everything in sight while watching hockey?

Oh honey, pick me up a bag of chips, 2 spices of pizza, 2 pretzels and if they have hotdogs I would love that. And this is just the first period !!

Crazy

I don't eat or drink a single thing when I watch a game at the arena. I get there and literally don't leave my seat for 3 hours. My dad refused to buy anything either when we used to go together, he always used to complain about the prices. That's probably where I get it from., :laugh:

Reactions: brian_griffin

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
I usually buy a hot tea or hot chcolate. Only $2.75. Not a bad price all things considered.

Once in a while I’ll be raked over the coals and buy a water for 5 freaking dollars.

Almost never buy “dinner food”. I’d rather pay less and get more outside the arena.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Better does not mean good period. Regardless if its generic concession stand or if Lloyd's or Deep South put a stand in after the initial novelty wears off it too will be overpriced crap. I remember the new Mexican stand they put in. Great loaded nachos the first year they opened....for the first month or so. By mid season it was cold, gross and not cheap. I hardly go anymore because it's not worth the effort. If the Sabres installed local vendors it wont make me want to go more. If I want Lloyd's or Duffs I'll go to a brick and mortar location, not go to a shitty arena stand run by them where they'll charge twice as normal for half as much. All of those stadiums are gimmicks for the most part. Sooner or later it's all the same garbage.

sabresfan65

Vegas HAS Hockey!!
Sponsor
May 23, 2004
Vegas
Vegas has a Shake Shack inside the arena that serves a limited menu but the quality is just as good (and the prices aren't overly inflated) as the one 1000 ft from the front of the arena. Not a huge fan of the generic stands around the arena though.

Baccus

Garage League filled with Mickey Mouse teams
Feb 18, 2014
Better does not mean good period. Regardless if its generic concession stand or if Lloyd's or Deep South put a stand in after the initial novelty wears off it too will be overpriced crap. I remember the new Mexican stand they put in. Great loaded nachos the first year they opened....for the first month or so. By mid season it was cold, gross and not cheap. I hardly go anymore because it's not worth the effort. If the Sabres installed local vendors it wont make me want to go more. If I want Lloyd's or Duffs I'll go to a brick and mortar location, not go to a ****ty arena stand run by them where they'll charge twice as normal for half as much. All of those stadiums are gimmicks for the most part. Sooner or later it's all the same garbage.

Do you get tired from moving the goal posts around all the time?

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Vegas has a Shake Shack inside the arena that serves a limited menu but the quality is just as good (and the prices aren't overly inflated) as the one 1000 ft from the front of the arena. Not a huge fan of the generic stands around the arena though.

T-Mobile Arena in Vegas is a great setup outside and the atmosphere was really cool but my girl and I were a bit underwhelmed by the actual arena. I have to mention it's the first NHL arena that either of us ever attended that didn't offer Labatt's Blue, and the choices they did have were crazy overpriced, even by modern standards. Though the $16 beers at Amalie last week blew right by it.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Do you get tired from moving the goal posts around all the time?

No goal post moving. Just funny that people think its easy to fix something so irreversibly broken. When has the FOOD ever been good at hsbc,mma,kbc,DNA? How about never. I could care less about the food if the Sabres were successful. Getting Duffs or another local place in the arena wont do much.

And yes the LaNova and Tim's at the arena is just as good as any location in the city! :sarcasm:

Baccus

Garage League filled with Mickey Mouse teams
Feb 18, 2014
You started at the issue was the arena was old, then moved on to all arena food is bad, and have shuffled down to even if you put in good food it becomes bad or some other blather.

The arena food is/can be good in other places, no matter what delusions you're suffering from, the food shops are still basically small restaurants/food trucks, which as shown by such locations all over the world, can produce perfectly good food.

The food and drinks will always be overpriced however.

Reactions: ZZamboni

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad