Claimed off Waivers: Sabres claim Remi Elie

serp

Jan 17, 2016
He's fast and doesn't hurt your team with mistakes. Doesn't help your team much either though and really can't finish scoring chances or create them.

A bit sad he was claimed but good luck with the Sabres

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
Is he good enough to play a regular 4th line role? Kinda feels like a replacement for Baptiste who we traded yesterday. Pretty comparable players, hoping Elie can be a bit more impactful at this level.

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
Is he good enough to play a regular 4th line role? Kinda feels like a replacement for Baptiste who we traded yesterday. Pretty comparable players, hoping Elie can be a bit more impactful at this level.
Yes he'll be alright on the 4th line.

Glad he's getting another shot in the NHL.

Reactions: Rasmi

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Decent 4th liner, alright at everything but not great at anything. Doesn't really create any offense himself. He'll work his ass off for your team, though.

Glad he's getting another chance at an NHL spot.

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
He is super fast. There isnt a lot more to his game other than his speed tho. That being said he more than ok to fill in a regular 4LW role thanks to his blazing speed.

Reactions: SourTemplePilot

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Decent 4th liner, alright at everything but not great at anything. Doesn't really create any offense himself. He'll work his ass off for your team, though.

Glad he's getting another chance at an NHL spot.

That work part is certainly something we could use on the 4th line. Not too worried about him being a creator, Rodrigues will be on his line, and that’s a strength of his.

Does/will he fight?

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
I like this pickup for Buffalo. Sure his offense is almost non-existent aside from the chances he can get with his speed, but speed never hurts and he competes. Anything to improve depth is good.

Sansbacon

Sep 26, 2006
Westchester, NY
He is super fast. There isnt a lot more to his game other than his speed tho. That being said he more than ok to fill in a regular 4LW role thanks to his blazing speed.
I saw a clip of him absolutely leveling a Panther player into the bench; does he use his body often, or was that more of an outlier? How about on the forecheck? Seems like he has a relentless motor.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
As others have mentioned, good enough defensively and very fast but nothing else really. No room for him here in Dallas so glad the Sabres picked him up to give him another shot.

Sansbacon

Sep 26, 2006
Westchester, NY
He will give you his all every shift and doesn't have that many noticeable hits but plays a physical aggressive style. Ideal forecheck guy
Cool, thanks for the input. Seems like a decent depth player and I always love a guy with a high motor. Hope he works out here.

Edit- can he PK?

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Cool, thanks for the input. Seems like a decent depth player and I always love a guy with a high motor. Hope he works out here.

Edit- can he PK?

He definitely could but Stars didn't use him there much at all if I'm remembering correctly. Our PK units were set though for most of the season

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke

Edit- can he PK?

He didn't see a whole lot of special team play, but I wouldn't put it past him to get some aggressive PK play in there if the Sabres' bench sees potential there.

Again his speed could provide a big advantage, maybe on the second unit.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Glad he is getting another shot in the NHL. He’s a fine fourth liner, just didn’t do anything past that. Hope he works out for Buffalo!

Reactions: SourTemplePilot

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
I saw a clip of him absolutely leveling a Panther player into the bench; does he use his body often, or was that more of an outlier? How about on the forecheck? Seems like he has a relentless motor.

Dont expect big hits but yeah the kid doesnt stop. He will give you 100% every shift and will generate a couple chances thanks to his speed alone but it will be a coin toss wether or not his hands give up on him as he goes for a move on the breakaway. Im pretty sure McDavid was quoted in juniors about Elie being the hardest working guy off the ice for the Otters after he was traded there. He isnt an amazing player but he is hard not to like.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Dont expect big hits but yeah the kid doesnt stop. He will give you 100% every shift and will generate a couple chances thanks to his speed alone but it will be a coin toss wether or not his hands give up on him as he goes for a move on the breakaway. Im pretty sure McDavid was quoted in juniors about Elie being the hardest working guy off the ice for the Otters after he was traded there. He isnt an amazing player but he is hard not to like.

Surprised the Oilers didn't put a claim in....perhaps they did but Sabres had the higher priority. I bet Elie would shine alongside his former Otters linemate.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Hmmm...watched a few Stars games and this guy usually jumped out at me with his speed and looked like one of their best bottom 6ers.

Not sure why they waived him.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Hmmm...watched a few Stars games and this guy usually jumped out at me with his speed and looked like one of their best bottom 6ers.

Not sure why they waived him.

He was our 15th best forward at this point maybe 16th best depending on how you view Gurianov. Lots of speed and plays defensively sound, but doesn’t bring any offence to the table.

Reactions: Kcb12345

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad