Confirmed with Link: Sabres claim Drake Caggiula off of waivers

WeAreSoPucked

Jan 15, 2021
Isn't Caggiula's brain more scrambled than Okposo's?

I LOLed at this - and feel shame.

Hawknut in peace - loved Caggiula his time w/ CHI. Yeah his cranium prolly is a bit dented in by now but the guy is all heart. Sure he'll screw up but they're sins of commission not omission and in between those, "Caggs" will surprise ya w/ a helluva play.

Just ... yeah his balls out effort combined w/ his not exactly being a, "big body" will inevitably lead to him getting banged up - and yeah again, concussions, unfortunately.

A truly great Caggiula story if I may ...
Hawks get him from EDM in a mutual, "We don't want him, you can have him" trade (forgive I can't even recall the player the Hawks sent back.) The rumor tho was the Oil's new head coach at the time, Ken Hitchcock couldn't stand Caggiula and told their GM to move him for whatever he could get.

Soon after, Chicago goes on a west coast trip and Caggs is playing okay getting 4th line minutes. Their game against EDM, whatdya know Caggiula scores a greasy goal - in the 2nd period, the long change one so the skate to the Hawk bench for mitt bumps has to go by the Oil bench en route.

The bench camera catches Caggiula slowing down a bit and absolutely giving Hitchcock the, "F you, buddy" glare as he glides by.
Classic moment and major kudos to whoever was in the control room calling camera shots. - it WAS epic.

Couple games later tho ... Caggs got hurt - again. And the Hawks ended up not offering another contract.

Last edited:

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
There’s nothing wrong with higher effort, quick players in-depth positions. Besides somebody’s gonna have to take Rieder’s minutes by the end of the day right?

Reactions: TheMistyStranger

Ehran

Sponsor
Feb 2, 2019
Texas
There’s nothing wrong with higher effort, quick players in-depth positions. Besides somebody’s gonna have to take Rieder’s minutes by the end of the day right?

I think he'll be taking Lazar's minutes.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Drake Caligula expected to play tomorrow

jsfas25w1rdyggagcvpg.jpg

Bendium

Oct 18, 2019
Sometimes a coach wants to implement "his" system on the new team, and if there are players from your old team who can help usher in that new system and be players that others lean on, why not bring them in?

Not saying that's the case w/Caggiula by any means, but just in general.
Very true. Good point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad