Confirmed with Link: Sabres claim Drake Caggiula off of waivers

MayDay

Oct 21, 2005
Pleasantville, NY
He was in Chicago when Granato was there

I wish fewer roster moves in pro sports were made based on personal familiarity and comfort, and more were based on objective stats and talent evaluation.

This isn't just a Sabres thing - you see it in football all the time. A GM or coach moves to a new organization, and within the next few years half a dozen guys from the old organization get signed or traded for.

Zippy Chippy

Apr 6, 2015
I wish fewer roster moves in pro sports were made based on personal familiarity and comfort, and more were based on objective stats and talent evaluation.

This isn't just a Sabres thing - you see it in football all the time. A GM or coach moves to a new organization, and within the next few years half a dozen guys from the old organization get signed or traded for.

Sometimes a coach wants to implement "his" system on the new team, and if there are players from your old team who can help usher in that new system and be players that others lean on, why not bring them in?

Not saying that's the case w/Caggiula by any means, but just in general.

2 others

Mar 9, 2021

Happens in politics too. There is so much junk sitting in upper level management or government enterprises, sometimes i wonder how our system isn't falling apart.

dang111

Oct 20, 2017
Probably won’t move the needle much but a zero-risk move, can’t complain

sabresEH

May 17, 2009
Kelowna, BC

Give me one example of say, the Bills for instance, doing something like this :sarcasm:

Reactions: Sansbacon

dugman

Mar 21, 2008
I’m hopeful that, when I see the green “confirmed with link” notification, it will be bigger news than his, but it’s nice to know that Kevyn understands the mechanism by which transactions are done, and that the fax machine is working, at least.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad