Post-Game Talk: Sabres @ Caps - 7PM (visiting fans, read our local rules)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
I would like to see all our players take a shot at the punks most deserving. It should not be up to one person in a scripted fight to get revenge. If I were coach, that is what I would do, tell everyone to nail the guy at least once, or get bagged at the next practice. Or have to buy their way out.

Call it a reverse bounty.

Amen, Randy.

mrv52

Jan 22, 2004
I would like to see all our players take a shot at the punks most deserving. It should not be up to one person in a scripted fight to get revenge. If I were coach, that is what I would do, tell everyone to nail the guy at least once, or get bagged at the next practice. Or have to buy their way out.

Call it a reverse bounty.

This, or, bluster a little in the media and then preach all out discipline and let the Sabres run around a bit.

It could be 3-0 in a hurry.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
As a Buffalo fan, I don't see why the pent up aggression about what transpired on Monday is causing such an uproar with the players/fans. Can someone explain it to me?

My Point of view:

Usually the "code" goes, you do something to someone a team doesn't like (Deslauriers' hit and accidental "low-stick" to make him bleed) the other team sends someone to answer the bell(Latta vs Deslauriers' fight).

Fight ends and Deslauriers celebrates a well fought fight after their guy challenged him.

Deslauiers wasn't celebrating because of the result, he was getting the fans pumped up due to them being quiet(something Buffalo fans are known for; being quiet until something exciting happens). Something that has been done in the past constantly by guys especially at home. If Deslauriers knew the guy was injured the fight ends and they go on their way.

Can Washington fans explain the outcry we're seeing? From watching you guys you don't need to really do anything. You guys outclassed us in every way Monday. If you're players are renting space in their heads for Deslauriers, then Buffalo has an edge.

Just play your game and you will win easily like 5-1 or 6-0. There's no need for this type of stuff. It's unnecessary.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
As a Buffalo fan, I don't see why the pent up aggression about what transpired on Monday is causing such an uproar with the players/fans. Can someone explain it to me?

My Point of view:

Usually the "code" goes, you do something to someone a team doesn't like (Deslauriers' hit and accidental "low-stick" to make him bleed) the other team sends someone to answer the bell(Latta vs Deslauriers' fight).

Fight ends and Deslauriers celebrates a well fought fight after their guy challenged him.

Deslauiers wasn't celebrating because of the result, he was getting the fans pumped up due to them being quiet(something Buffalo fans are known for; being quiet until something exciting happens). Something that has been done in the past constantly by guys especially at home. If Deslauriers knew the guy was injured the fight ends and they go on their way.

Can Washington fans explain the outcry we're seeing? From watching you guys you don't need to really do anything. You guys outclassed us in every way Monday. If you're players are renting space in their heads for Deslauriers, then Buffalo has an edge.

Just play your game and you will win easily like 5-1 or 6-0. There's no need for this type of stuff. It's unnecessary.

Thanks, but this is our GDT and we don't need Sabres fans coming here to manage us. If you or any other Sabre fans can't figure it out, and don't understand either the first injury or what showing up your opponent means, you can discuss it on your own boards.

This is also a reminder to all visiting fans to read our local rules pinned at the top of the forum. This is NOT a neutral board and you don't have the right to come around "just asking questions". Our fans do not have to explain how they feel about the game or anything else. If you derail our GDT you will be shown the door.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Don't like the situation with #74

Orpik was also listed as "day-to-day" and now he will miss his 22nd? consecutive game.

Capathetic

May 26, 2011
agree, but it's the celebration they weren't happy about I'd say, not a check. either way, fans are making a bigger deal about it than it really is. The players just settle things on the ice (and scoresheet).

That celly was straight out of an EA sports hockey game lol. They should be upset but not in a needing revenge way. My first thought was that was quite a celly for a fight that had no clear winner just one guy got wrestled down first. Then the Caps scored again moments later anyways so they prob enjoyed silencing the building.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Don't like the situation with #74

Orpik was also listed as "day-to-day" and now he will miss his 22nd? consecutive game.

Does Washington really need orpik in the lineup right now? Imo he could probably play but whats the point right now

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
I think it's good that there's something for the team to get excited about at this point in the regular season.

But more important to keep on truckin'. So, drop the gloves with the offender, throw a couple of big hits to keep morale high, and then focus on hockey.

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Ennis is like 5'9" who's going to fight him Carrick? LOL

Carrick does have 6 fights in Hershey this year

EDIT: That's not this year, that's AHL totals I think lol

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Couldn't care less about Deslauriers myself. More interested in us playing aggressive, hard game against O'Reilly, Ennis and Ristolainen. Those three seem like consistent producers for Sabres. Also would like to see us earn a few power plays with good long O-zone possession. I liked the way our 3rd line played last game. More of that please.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Let's get this game over with so I can go back to not rooting against the Sabres. I think they're an up-and-coming team with some young talent that's going to be fun to watch grow over the next few years.

No Carlson in warm-ups. Hope the MRI wasn't bad.

Holtbyisms

Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Couldn't care less about Deslauriers myself. More interested in us playing aggressive, hard game against O'Reilly, Ennis and Ristolainen. Those three seem like consistent producers for Sabres. Also would like to see us earn a few power plays with good long O-zone possession. I liked the way our 3rd line played last game. More of that please.

I kind of want to see him catch a beating myself. I hope Trotz didn't call Sill up because Willy isn't allowed to fight since he's 3RW now lol... I'd rather see Willy take him on. He's going to be pumped for it cause of the Latta Willy lovefest.

Turd Ferguson

Its a funny name
Apr 21, 2015
Canada
fistfull.jpg

Another win please!

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
They could do it to do some jedi tricks with Sabres' minds. We don't need much risk really. We want some revenge, sure, but we don't need that. Sabres expecting some beating could be the way to get easy goals/PPs/advantage.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Before we get going, remember: "Wishing injury/illness on anyone (players, members, etc.) will be regarded as trolling/offensive in most cases."

We can root for physicality without rooting for injury.

Holtbyisms

Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Before we get going, remember: "Wishing injury/illness on anyone (players, members, etc.) will be regarded as trolling/offensive in most cases."

We can root for physicality without rooting for injury.

Got to agree here, I don't want to see ANYBODY get hurt in any capacity on any team. That's bad news. These guys have families too even though we might not like them. :yo:

A beating though... yeah, let's do that :naughty:

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Got to agree here, I don't want to see ANYBODY get hurt in any capacity on any team. That's bad news. These guys have families too even though we might not like them. :yo:

A beating though... yeah, let's do that :naughty:

The beating I am most interested in is on the scoreboard, but yeah, I wouldn't mind seeing Willy or Sill go a few rounds with Deslaurier and Ovie put a good hard check or 2 on Ennis.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
No offense but Sill is more than just a "face puncher" from the AHL. He made is mark with the Pens as being a guy who will fight but he has only fought 2 or so times this season and they weren't staged fights from my recollection. He has been great for the Bears against opponents top lines. He forechecks well, hits hard for a little guy, good PKer, and is good in the faceoff circle. He essentially has been a more physical Beagle for Hershey this season.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
Physical game I would like to see. I don't want to get in a chippy game where people are trying to "get revenge." That only hurts the team with more to lose. Buffalo isn't going anywhere, we have a cup to win. Last thing I want to see is ovie/kuzy or anyone getting a cheap knee, stick, hit from behind, and it taking them out of the lineup.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
And there you go. Refs looking for retaliation and funny stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad