Post-Game Talk: Sabres @ Caps - 7PM (visiting fans, read our local rules)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia
No need to target Eichel or any of their other players. Let Wilson/Sill have a go with someone, line up Ennis for a big (and clean) hit, and take the two points.

:laugh:

in other words, prepare for a snoozefest with little to no physical action.

we are just excited to make a boring game exciting. hopefully.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
:laugh:

in other words, prepare for a snoozefest with little to no physical action.

we are just excited to make a boring game exciting. hopefully.

Pretty much. I think it'll be a lot of talk about nothing. Like I've said before, the Sabres mean nothing to the Caps and vice versa. They're not division rivals, there's no prior history or bad blood between the teams (other than Monday), there's not any former players on either side, they're not going to see each other in the playoffs... the two teams are just irrelevant to each other. I think Deslauriers acted like an idiot and I'm not happy about Ennis running into the leading Vezina candidate but I'm not expecting fireworks tonight. Maybe Sill runs around and pops some **** off and I'm totally wrong. Who knows.

Roughing

Oct 11, 2010
Frederick, MD
sill_DL_122915.jpg

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia
sabres fans saying players taunting after a fight isn't out of the norm but players/coach getting hyped for a re-match or payback isn't normal. :laugh:

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia
Usually once a guy "answers" for a check it's over and done with. I am all for an exciting game tonight :handclap:

agree, but it's the celebration they weren't happy about I'd say, not a check. either way, fans are making a bigger deal about it than it really is. The players just settle things on the ice (and scoresheet).

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
The league would be out of their minds if we called up a fighter from the AHL with the sole purpose of fighting Ovechkin.

True. The team would also never let Ovie fight some AHL plug. Someone would step in before anything happened, as I'm sure would be the case if Sill went after Eichel.

This isn't 'Nam, there are rules.

Fallschirmyager

Jun 25, 2009
Pretty much. I think it'll be a lot of talk about nothing. Like I've said before, the Sabres mean nothing to the Caps and vice versa. They're not division rivals, there's no prior history or bad blood between the teams (other than Monday), there's not any former players on either side, they're not going to see each other in the playoffs... the two teams are just irrelevant to each other. I think Deslauriers acted like an idiot and I'm not happy about Ennis running into the leading Vezina candidate but I'm not expecting fireworks tonight. Maybe Sill runs around and pops some **** off and I'm totally wrong. Who knows.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxi77lWJdaw

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I would like to see all our players take a shot at the punks most deserving. It should not be up to one person in a scripted fight to get revenge. If I were coach, that is what I would do, tell everyone to nail the guy at least once, or get bagged at the next practice. Or have to buy their way out.

Call it a reverse bounty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad