GBU Sabres - Bruins; Good/Bad/Ugly

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
The Good:
-Hall out for Bruins. He's "brave" in games like this and would have scored today to rub salt in the wound.

The Bad:
-Giving up early goals
-Anemic offense, and players who have gone MIA
-Not being able use the language necessary to describe this team today.

The Ugly:
-Dahlin and Cozens being about the only two standing up for teammates.
-Granato being unable to motivate this group the last ; regardless of whether it's him or them.
-Constantly giving up goals do to poor defensive positioning/reads.
-Team having no pride, no compete. They are more pathetic than the tank teams. The tank teams had no talent.

Reactions: pf8363

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
They ran into a buzz saw. I don't recall a team that does everything with their stick, they refuse to take the body, they wave at passes with their stick because they are so far out of position and then in the offensive zone they just extend the stick enough to touch the puck but not do anything with it.

I am the point where I am ready to see some call ups

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
I only watched the first 15 seconds. Bruins scored. It was clear that the Sabres were not here to play.

That said, I think it can be reasonably argued that this team gave up when the GM didn’t make a real move at the deadline, and signaled to the team and fans that this season didn’t matter to them.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
I only watched the first 15 seconds. Bruins scored. It was clear that the Sabres were not here to play.

That said, I think it can be reasonably argued that this team gave up when the GM didn’t make a real move at the deadline, and signaled to the team and fans that this season didn’t matter to them.
They gave up after the all star game.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Good - Even Adams can’t go into next year with UPL and Comrie

Bad - They’re going to sacrifice Levi on the alter of having no goalies

Ugly - Ownership still won’t give a f***

Reactions: TuchYeah

BuffaloGooner

Sep 8, 2011
Sloan, NY
The team knows they won’t get goaltending.

That’s how they’ve already lost.

Swayman made 4 Grade A stops. You cannot go into a game thinking you need to score 4 or 5 to win and that’s the reality here.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY

Not far off.

Reactions: Chainshot

BuffaloGooner

Sep 8, 2011
Sloan, NY
57CA2AE2-6A61-48C3-B0F2-32E4088F2B89.png

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

I've thought that too, including Cozens comments on the John Scott podcast.

The roster has been deeply flawed for most of the year and they have come apart under the stress of this.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Good:
The 10,000 or so Bruins fans in attendance (judging from the crowd noise and the sweaters in the lower bowl) got their money's worth, and the Sabres ticket holders who sold them at least recouped some of the losses on this season.

Bad:
Officiating (can't put it in the ugly because it wasn't anywhere nearly as bad as the putrid stench of the Sabres).
Boosh 5 min into 1st pd sees three teammates in the D-zone with him, and 2 Bruins (BOS = 2 and Sabres = 4 skaters in BUF zone) and instead throws a backhand clearing try up the boards with no Sabre anywhere nearby. Bruins just too damn good to just give away a possession like that. Setting the tone for the rest of the team.

Ugly:
The Sabres treat their defensive slot like a military no-man's land and cede the Bruins the territory. Always a step late, no body contact made, ineffective stick waves.

Sabres d-zone slot defensive hockey, sung to the hokey-pokey:

You put your right skate in, you take your right skate out
You put your stick blade in and you waive it all about
You watch the Bruin score and you turn yourself around
That's what it's all about.

Buff15Sabres

Mar 23, 2017
The team knows they won’t get goaltending.

That’s how they’ve already lost.

Swayman made 4 Grade A stops. You cannot go into a game thinking you need to score 4 or 5 to win and that’s the reality here.

When did Swayman make great saves ? On our quality scoring chances we either missed the net or flubbed the shot straight into his crest.

UPL wasn't good but our defensive zone play was, yet again, disgraceful.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Wish I was there and could sneak into the post-game press conference:

" Don, after the last several games in which you were as badly outcoached as any coach in living memory and your players outright quit why have you and your staff not done the honorable thing and resigned in disgrace?"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad