GDT: Sabres @ Avalanche | Wednesday January 20 2016 | 8PM MT | The Return of Jame Mcginn

Status
Not open for further replies.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Just a note here, since I saw this:

John and Mia lost their dog of 14 years to cancer 11 days ago. John had that dog before he was in the NHL and before he met Mia. Meant a lot to him. He's struggling with it right now and should be in a better frame of mind in a few games. I know these guys are professionals, but they're humans too and grieve like any of us.

Crappy to hear... when my dog passes, I will be a wreck for weeks. My dog has been through more with me than anybody/anything else in the world... I can't even imagine being without him.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
The most impressive thing about McLeod is that he at 29 or whatever realized he wasn't the type of player that would stay in the league unless he adjusted and he has turned into a grinder (a disciplined hitter this year as well) and has asked for and pulled off being a penalty killer.

Most of the McLeod type players have not been able to evolve their game to stay in the NHL, so credit where credit is due.

I liked Cody ever since he became a regular, so I'm happy to see him prove his doubters wrong.

Unaffiliated

Aug 26, 2010
Richmond, B.C.
No offense, but it's like you didn't watch the 2nd or 3rd period either. He was trash all game and was gifted a goal by a great play by Soderberg. To be fair, no one was particularly good tonight, but Tanguay was noticeably bad tonight, despite what the stats say.

edit: and I couldn't care less about pretty

steve varmolov was his usual self.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
There were so many turnovers in the neutral zone, and at the defensive blueline by the Avs forwards. The defensemen weren't the problem last night, they were getting the puck to the forwards, but then they'd turn it over and it would head back the other way.

They deserved a better fate against Columbus, so to see them squeak out a win when they didn't deserve one was nice.

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
There were so many turnovers in the neutral zone, and at the defensive blueline by the Avs forwards. The defensemen weren't the problem last night, they were getting the puck to the forwards, but then they'd turn it over and it would head back the other way.

They deserved a better fate against Columbus, so to see them squeak out a win when they didn't deserve one was nice.

Whenever I go to a game and look up at the stats, I'm always amazed (disappointed) at how many takeaways the other team has compared to the Avs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad