Post-Game Talk: Sabres at Leafs 7:30 PM TSN4

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Beyonder

Jan 16, 2007
I love Hyman's drive and compete along the boards, but he's not much of a playmaker and I really don't see him jiving that well with Nylander. They're okay, but Willie needs a guy that can get him the puck, and he's most dangerous in the middle of the ice when he has the puck on his stick (like Kadri)

Then there is Grabner ... Who is just awful now. Kadri set him up beautifully in OT and he misfires, can't make a play, and really doesn't contribute much at all.

I agree. Hyman has a lot of hustle, but sometimes it looks like he's hustling in circles and going nowhere. I've honestly never been overly impressed with Hyman during Marlies games. I've always come off being more impressed with guys like Nylander, Kapanen, Sosh, Brown, Leivo, Leipsic, Loov, Valiev, etc. I always saw Hyman as a guy who works hard, but not a lot of skill like the other guys up front. I think he'll be a decent 3rd liner.

Grabner... well, lets not even bother to get into that. :laugh:

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
Lol, what has he played, 4 games in the NHL? He's a bust because he's not going hard to the boards 4 games in.

This is what happens with every skill guy who plays in Toronto. They convince you what he is or what he should be before They ever have a chance to show you what they are. They convince you that you got the steal of the draft, a guy going on a tare in the AHL and should use his size to become a PPG power forward straight away. People but in to the hype and when he doesn't wow you every game you think there's something that needs to be fixed in his game because it's not what you expect.

He is going to be a very good to elite playmaking forward with size and speed. Just give him some time. I listen to a ton of Toronto radio for hockey talk so I know the hype is real. Its night and day between how Buffalo talks about prospects. I mean we hype guys up, but not like Toronto hypes guys. We were excited about Reinhart, but he was heavily criticized for his skating and shot before this season. So when he came in and does amazing it's like a bonus, rather than being upset about how we expected more.

It was a good game, those kids in Toronto are going to be something special, and they already got some bite to their game. It looks like the Buffalo Toronto rivalry could be a good one again soon. Just gotta get Kadri to stop acting like an idiot, and have Hyman pay attention cutting across the middle, Gorges could have put him into next week but held up, good on him for acting like he's been there and not like an idiot like Gudas.

Nah man, I like Kadri the way he is and nothing idiotic about it. You just hate him because he's got a very real pest element to his game. I understand your dislike, but surely you understand how fans and players on the team of a guy like that feel the opposite?

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Man, some people here really have a hard time with the concept that you can discuss a players performance and what they need to do better without it being anything else than just a commentary on how their first games have looked. I don't see the reason why we should completely ignore any discussion on what Nylander need to develop going forward just because it hasn't been all roses?
I don't think the cockpit of constructive criticism is common knowledge any more.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I thought Eichel looked great today, but he only got going after Kadri and him had their argument, the skills are definitely there though. Reinhart looked solid. I think Reinhart is gonna be a 2C. But for the rest of the team... it didn't look good, especially Kane. I guess the ROR injury didn't help the case, but still expected more from Buffalo.

He had something going in the last game to, where he and Parise josted in the first and that seemed to really light his fire.

When ROR is out there, they spread things out a bit but they haven't shown how they'll deal with McGinn going to Anaheim. He's been playing caddie for ROR most of the year since Ennis can't seem to get healthy enough to stay in the lineup. It remains a work in progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad