News Article: Sabres are a complete embarrassment, from John Scott to owner

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackrock

Feb 8, 2007
After that I have to step in again.

Greg Wyshinski is the only Yahoo employee here. Lambert and Mooney are not. And neither are making hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Secondly, probably best if you don't rant on about internal Yahoo policies you know nothing about. Don't believe everything you read in the media. Most of it is very, very wrong.

I guess I needed this: :sarcasm:

I just a reposted the original article, but replaced references to the Sabres and hockey with references to journalism and Puck Daddy/Lambert.

SabresFanNorthPortFL

Aug 9, 2007
North Port, FL
As awful as the article may be, it's stuff like that that make it both frustrating and embarrassing to be a fan of what most feel are both the laughingstock and scum of the NHL. :baghead:

Ditto.

Too much, too hard on Scott but even though overblown, mist was true about Darcy and the last couple years.

I love the Sabres, it was gut wrenching and embarrassing to read. As much as my mind was going "but," I knew there were enough truths to what he wrote....

The franchise is in an embarrassing state "right now."

Dixon Ward

Fire SOMEONE
Oct 21, 2006
District of Columbia

Greg Wyshinski is the only Yahoo employee here. Lambert and Mooney are not. And neither are making hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Secondly, probably best if you don't rant on about internal Yahoo policies you know nothing about. Don't believe everything you read in the media. Most of it is very, very wrong.

thank god you stepped in to set the record straight on an obvious joke. :handclap:

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY

Too true and somewhat ironic in this context.

couture23

Jun 23, 2012
Toronto
I really don't like Ryan Lambert, never have. He comes off of a ******* - look at his damn Twitter background. No clue how PD/Yahoo employs him.

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
SI also lists Kaleta as the dirtiest player in the NHL. Sure is nice to be a Sabres fan this year...lol

DazedandConfused

thanks tips
Jul 30, 2013
Edmonton
Who cares what the rest of the media/fans think. I'd rather be talked about for anything at all than not talked about at all. Everyones gonna have their little opinions and whatnot whether your the best team in the league or the worst. Or the toughest or the softest. Deal wit it.

I think the hit is suspendable but it's being overblown for the most part (National broadcast, Leafs incident)

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY
Coming in peace here. Just wanted to see the sentiment here. I have to say that Scott's hit was pretty bad but I don't think he's a Matt Cooke. He's a fighter without any prior history as a cheap shot artist. He has his roll and he made a mistake on that hit.

That said....I don't know any fellow B's fans who applauded Chara's hit on Pax. Noone was happy that it happened. Seriously, the B's are a tough team to play against but aren't out intentionally targeting people for injury.

Funny, but I remember quite clearly a large amount of Bruins fans applauding Lucic running Miller.

Were any Bruins fans outraged over Chara cross checking Hertl in the chops last night?

billsandsabres

lurking
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2002
troy, ny
Ryan Lambert has some sort of personal vendetta against the Sabres. I have no idea why. I've read many of his "columns" in the past that take shots at and demean the Sabres. His season preview and power rankings/team update columns regularly poke fun at Buffalo.

Frankly, it's embarrassing that a national outlet would let a writer blatantly ridicule a player and a team like this. If Bucky Gleason wants to write something like this, which he often does, fine, I'll disagree with his opinions, but he has standing to do so. Ryan Lambert, whoever the hell he is, does not.

Afino

The Juice
Dec 2, 2003
Orchard Park, NY
Ryan Lambert has some sort of personal vendetta against the Sabres. I have no idea why. I've read many of his "columns" in the past that take shots at and demean the Sabres. His season preview and power rankings/team update columns regularly poke fun at Buffalo.

Frankly, it's embarrassing that a national outlet would let a writer blatantly ridicule a player and a team like this. If Bucky Gleason wants to write something like this, which he often does, fine, I'll disagree with his opinions, but he has standing to do so. Ryan Lambert, whoever the hell he is, does not.

All they're in business for is page views/ad revenue. Shock articles like this do exactly what they want them to. Why would Yahoo care? More people have read the article now because of this thread. They're laughing all the way to the bank, picking the low hanging fruit.

It's just like Screamin' A. Smith or Skip Bayless on TV. They don't believe (or shouldn't...) half the stuff that comes out of their mouths, but they're made to say inflammatory things like this to get people's attention.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Lambert has always been a Sabres hater. If the Sabres cured cancer, he would still call them a disgrace. This is par for the course for him.

FanboySlayer*

Puck Daddy is a Complete Embarrassment, from Ryan Lambert to Yahoo

Let's first acknowledge that it's not Puck Daddy’s fault that it is the way it is.

Every cheap shot in the last few years, every embarrassing journalistic melodrama, is entirely the fault of the Buffalo Sabres being a dirty hockey team and getting away with it.

...................................................................................
...................................................................................

It's reprehensible and unjustifiable. And it's not going to change.

As I waded through this I couldn't decide if it was satire, some parts can be read that way, or just the ramblings of somebody way too angry at a corporation and its employees that have no real impact on his or anybody else's life.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Tons of libel in that article and I would love for Scott to go after him just for the simple fact the "blogger" is acting out of control. Just because you are not classified as a real reporter doesn't mean you can say whatever you want.

Boston citizens/fans in general have a high degree of ignorance and arrogance. No different in this article. The same fans crying about this hit are the same ones applauding Chara when he ran a guys head into a glass wall and put him on a stretcher.

I thought the same thing: libel.

What a character assassination.

You know the article is bad when you have Bruin fan(s) saying that it is over the top. (from 1 comment I read on yah00)

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
As I waded through this I couldn't decide if it was satire, some parts can be read that way, or just the ramblings of somebody way too angry at a corporation and its employees that have no real impact on his or anybody else's life.

The joke

Your head

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad