Confirmed with Link: Sabres acquire Linus Omark for conditional sixth

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I was a big fan of Omark early on, but I'm starting to see him for what he is: A small player who has good vision and can make some nice passes, but lacks speed, size, and a shot. He always looks lost in the defensive zone as well, and he doesn't battle well. I don't think he has a future in this league.

TheWarriorSwe

Sep 14, 2013
Stavanger
Tonight is game 15. Does he play?
edit. Vogl says he sits.
Then its bye bye for Omark. Oh well atleast he got somewhat of a shoot.

I was a big fan of Omark early on, but I'm starting to see him for what he is: A small player who has good vision and can make some nice passes, but lacks speed, size, and a shot. He always looks lost in the defensive zone as well, and he doesn't battle well. I don't think he has a future in this league.
Well speed he can do something about, size is well what it is.. he does actually have a great shoot but he never uses it.
And yea defense is poor, he battled pretty good the two last game thou made a few breakups and won the puck.

Now i doubt he would be picked up but if he is, does that mean the team picking him up would have to pay the 6th pick?
I dont think he be going to the ameriks i mean not that another team picks him up but rather that he goes to europe.

Last edited:

Matte99

May 23, 2010
Stockholm
If he is waived I hope they do it instantly so he can tear the contract and go back to Sweden! Im sure AIK would take him in without thinking twice (they just signed Nylander) and I would be able to see him live, without Nolan/Renney sitting on his shoulders. =) Could be fun! Yeah I know, but I still hope he can return to his crash and bang game with a creative touch and a cheeky smile.

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
If he is waived I hope they do it instantly so he can tear the contract and go back to Sweden! Im sure AIK would take him in without thinking twice (they just signed Nylander) and I would be able to see him live, without Nolan/Renney sitting on his shoulders. =) Could be fun! Yeah I know, but I still hope he can return to his crash and bang game with a creative touch and a cheeky smile.
He's not a bad player, but he's just so much better suited to the big ice. There's a bunch of players like that playing in Europe/Russia. Just not enough size/grit for the NHL and his speed isn't good enough to compensate that.

Matte99

May 23, 2010
Stockholm
He's not a bad player, but he's just so much better suited to the big ice. There's a bunch of players like that playing in Europe/Russia. Just not enough size/grit for the NHL and his speed isn't good enough to compensate that.

His speed was always a question mark and I really hoped he would work hard on that after his rookie season.

As things went, he had an abysmal second year camp in Edmonton, was waived and then got slewfooted where he broke his foot. Maybe that was it for his chances in the NHL, he simply couldn't afford getting slower... :wally:

Oh well, it was fun as long as it lasted, the little guy with the big heart, who modeled his game on Peter Forsberg hahaha... Crazy stuff...

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
I hope he succeeds in Europe. I also wish the NHL game was better suited to his style but that may not happen for a while

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad